No announcement yet.

Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope going home this weekend tonight, can't wait.

Comment

Looks like I'm not going either. My commander didn't sign my weapons registration this week.

Comment

You got 30 days to get it registered.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post
          You got 30 days to get it registered.
          What do you mean? I can bring it on post and hunt with it even though the commander hasn't signed it?

Comment

Originally posted by FtHoodBowHunter View Post
            What do you mean? I can bring it on post and hunt with it even though the commander hasn't signed it?

You need to follow the regs http://forthoodhunting.com/html/regulations.html

In Fort Hood 190-11 Page 4 it talks about how you can get a 3 day temporary permit but it tells you that you must return after the 3 working days with your commander approved paper work.

It is not worth taking the chance to do something illegal on post it is easier to follow the rules
            Attached Files

Comment

I will assume that you are SSG or below Because SFC or above you can sign your own.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkin STX Hank View Post
                I will assume that you are SSG or below Because SFC or above you can sign your own.
                Thanks for the info, I didn't think you could bring them on with out some sort or reistration. And yes, i am only a SGT.

Comment

Thanks for the info, I didn't think you could bring them on with out some sort or reistration. And yes, i am only a SGT.
                  Just keep your nose clean the rank will come.

Comment

Got the temp registration, gonna see if the range on post is open tomorrow, get the .270 sighted in, then maybe try to go monday and see if i can get a hog.

Comment

I know it is too early in the year but I picked up this crate in JAN and completed it with a friend's help and my wife wanted it out of the driveway. So, I had a long weekend for President's Day and I hauled it to Waskom on Friday and got it set up before the rain hit.
                      Building materials:
                      I bought the crate from a local moving company for $20.00.
                      7 1x4x10
                      5 2x4x10
                      1 12' sheet of tin & 1 6' sheet of tin
                      2 gallons of water sealer
                      1 gallon of brown paint
                      black & green spray paint.
                      Probably $200.00 in the whole project.
                      I have a friend that is a construction worker and he helped me brace it, cut out the windows and did the door. I'm going to throw an old piece of carpet in the floor and we put camo screening all the way around the windows. The crate was beat up but I should get a few years out of it.
                      It was very cheap, the only criticism I have about it is that I believe we have too many windows in it. Because of funds we only put camo screening in the windows. My intent was to see out but not to see in. However, you can see in very well. But here it is and overall I am very proud of this project. I have to say I did NOT do it on my own. I could not have done it without my friend, my wife and kids who did a lot of painting.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Will be new to Hood in Aug

Hey everyone so i started doing some research on hunting around Fort Hood about a month ago when i first found out that i would be PCSing there from Schofield. Right now im in Afghanistan and will be headed back to Hawaii in about a month. I have been watching this site for awhile now and have become addicted to it. I Will be headed down that in late in July so i figured i better get on here an introduce myself now so i could get to know some people that know about hunting Texas. I was born and for the most raised in Oregon (Lived in Pampa TX for seven year when i was kid) and have spent most my life running through woods chasin elk and mule deer. My brother-in-law got me addicted to archery about three years ago and i can't seem to get enough of it. Anyway i just thought it would be a good idea to introduce myself and start maybe meeting some guys that wouldn't mind showing a new guy and his wife (she's my camera lady/hunting buddy) around the woods of Texas. Thank you guys for this great site and any help you can provide.

Comment

hit me up when you get there. I'm going back to Hood at the end of March from korea

Comment

Sounds good man will do appreciate it. Can't wait to get down there. I have been coopped up for the last four years either in Hawaii or depolyed. Theres not much hunt on Oahu other than pigs and finding a place to go shoot pigs at is alot harder than it sounds when the locals don't care for you to much and just as your getting ready to release thier dogs come flying past you chasing the pig you were about have for dinner. So like i said can't wait till i actually get fling some arrows at something other than my targets.
                            Last edited by Oregonflinger; 02-21-2012, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Rentals in Fort Hood Area

Ok so i know that this is a hunting forum and please tell me to look else where if this question is out of line to ask in here but i just have one "off the subject" question. My wife and i will be headed down that way sometime towards the end of Jul so im trying to get a early start. I was just wondering if anyone knew of anyone i could start talking to who had some pasture land that they would be willing to rent out to the right people for one or possibly two horses near Fort Hood. Or even if you knew of anyone that had a place with a house on it and a little acrage that could accomidate horses and might be available around that time frame. I grew up farming and ranching in Oregon so if theres fence to be built or certain things around the property that would need to be done i would have absolutly no problem doing that. Sorry again for haveing an off subject question but i figured that it would hurt to ask.

Comment

Hey hrdwrkncwby I tried to reply to your pm but i guess i don't have enough posts yet. I would hit ya up on there but i don't have an account. Got rid of it a few years back cause i never really used it.

Comment

Working...
                                X