No announcement yet.

Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, I am up top. Maybe 1000 yards off of nolanville road. And maybe 500 yards off the back fence line.

Comment

Decent area, one day when you get the chance, fall off the NE side and look in the low ground might find something of interest there.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post
        Decent area, one day when you get the chance, fall off the NE side and look in the low ground might find something of interest there.
        Kevin,
        How is everything going?

Comment

Thanks, I will have to check it out.

Comment

Lance, things are good out here work is steady, got permission from a rancher to hunt his ranch, went out and I got a spot that may work out well, got camera out and hand corn see what happens. Mamma bought me a new truck, coming east on Thursday for birthday and anniversary and heading back here Sunday night. Got to take care of getting garden ready also. Can't wait.

How did the stuff work out I gave ya for the corn??

In mule deer country see lots of them.

Comment

Lance, things are good out here work is steady, got permission from a rancher to hunt his ranch, went out and I got a spot that may work out well, got camera out and hand corn see what happens. Mamma bought me a new truck, coming east on Thursday for birthday and anniversary and heading back here Sunday night. Got to take care of getting garden ready also. Can't wait.

How did the stuff work out I gave ya for the corn??

In mule deer country see lots of them.
              I plan on moving this to ETX this weekend. Still painting it and will put camo net in the windows.
              Attached Files

Comment

Dude that is awesome. What did that run ya?

Comment

Originally posted by BenBen View Post
                  Dude that is awesome. What did that run ya?
                  I bought the crate from a local moving company for $20.00. 7 1x4x10; 5 2x4x10; 1 12' sheet of tin & 1 6' sheet of tin; 2 gallons of water sealer; 1 gallon of brown paint; black & green spray paint. Probably $200.00 in the whole project. I have a friend that is a construction worker and he helped me brace it, cut out the windows and did the door. I'm going to throw an old piece of carpet in the floor and last night we put camo screening all the way around the windows. The crate was beat up but I should get a few years out of it.

Comment

Nice build Lance

Originally posted by BowTechGuardian View Post
                    I plan on moving this to ETX this weekend. Still painting it and will put camo net in the windows.

Comment

Originally posted by jbitt4x4 View Post
                      Nice build Lance
                      Thanks. Is your season over yet? What was your total kill count?

Comment

Looking good lance, great little project for sure. Finally get a weekend that I can go home, can't wait, gonna shoot some fat rations and reduce the population and throw in a food plot and get the garden ready.

Comment

LOL Lance, yeah it's been over since 16 January..and this is the first year in 12 years that I got skunked...more of my choice I guess as I passed on quite a few legal(to PA's standard) bucks, just not what I was looking for....plus this state's stupid arse seasons...who does a split in the middle of the rut Turkey season is coming up soon so will take the bow out for that

Originally posted by BowTechGuardian View Post
                          Thanks. Is your season over yet? What was your total kill count?

Comment

Looking good lance, great little project for sure. Finally get a weekend that I can go home, can't wait, gonna shoot some fat rations and reduce the population and throw in a food plot and get the garden ready.
                            Thanks Kevin. I'm hauling it to ETX Friday and hopefully will get it set up Sat if there is no rain. I will post a final pic once it is setup.

Originally posted by jbitt4x4 View Post
                            LOL Lance, yeah it's been over since 16 January..and this is the first year in 12 years that I got skunked...more of my choice I guess as I passed on quite a few legal(to PA's standard) bucks, just not what I was looking for....plus this state's stupid arse seasons...who does a split in the middle of the rut Turkey season is coming up soon so will take the bow out for that

When I was in Pitt, that is how I learned about bowhunting. Bow season lasted 3 months and shotgun was 2 weeks. But, like you said in between all of that season would stop for a week or 2, then there would be a couple of doe only days and then back to archery. I decided if I was going to hunt I better learn a little about bowhunting. My first bow was a Reflex Grizzly. Bow, accessories & arrows were only $500.00. There was absolutely NOTHING wrong with that bow, but, I killed 2 deer over 2 years and decided that I just had to have the Bowtech Guardian which set me back $1200

Comment

Here's some pics of my new additions...2011 Elite Pulse in AP snow...gonna be my 3D..and 2011 Strother Vanquish Black Death..gonna be my hunting bow. Love how they both shoot...Samantha is even shooting a Strother now..the Allure
                              Attached Files

Comment

Anyone doing the guided hog hunt this weekend?

Comment

Working...
                                X