Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FtHoodBowHunter View Post
    Anyone got any tips on attracting hogs? I have a feeder up, and have put out sour corn 2 times. haven't had a single hog on my camera. nothing but cows, deer, rabbits, and coons. I have had the feeder out for a month now. What about corn soaked in diesel?
    Mostly what Kevin said.

Piggys are not the easy score folks would like you to believe they are. Deer are easier, maybe because you don't have to deal with the trapper, and then again maybe not.

105 has been really hit and miss for quite awhile (trapper??). 104 all depends on where your set up. If your down the cliff line by the water, your chances are improved. Sometimes they are there and sometimes they aren't.

8S and 8N are always good, but pigs tend to roam. If I was going to set up on one of them, I'd set up on the east end of 8N. Trapper tried it and didn't get anything, but the pigs are there. Maybe just too smart for the trapper.

115 and 22 are good in spots. Time in the woods will find the spots.

And with that, I'm out of talent. I'm headed to HEB to buy a pork butt for the bbq. I know my limitations.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkin STX Hank View Post
      Ben saw your name on the Nanza list.
      Have you joined a Team?
      This is my 2nd year with Team Rib
      Team? What's involved. Cookin, Eatin, Funnin, Drinkin? My curiosity is piqued.
      If they're lookin for talent, I ain't got none.

Comment

Originally posted by EdO View Post
        Team? What's involved. Cookin, Eatin, Funnin, Drinkin? My curiosity is piqued.
        If they're lookin for talent, I ain't got none.
        No talent just go and have fun and get to know everyone but I don't remeber anyone because I might have had a little to much to drink.

Comment

Originally posted by jbitt4x4 View Post
          Not sure Ed..I had Area 35 and my buddy Lee Shanklin took over it. Judy, Matt, or Phillip will know..been in PA too long to remember names in 36
          That would be long term memory, a sure sign of old age. It will only get worse.

Thanks, I'll check in with SC and see what's up. Might pursue a job in 35 or 36, then again, might not. Now's the time to make the decison because there's still a year left to get out and learn the area before the areas open up.

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkin STX Hank View Post
            No talent just go and have fun and get to know everyone but I don't remeber anyone because I might have had a little to much to drink.
            Sounds like a perfect deal for the live in Chinese Chef and myself. Ten March even fits my calendar (don't care about hers). May just fire up the Mustang and make that shin dig. Eatin and drinkin, that's what I'm thinkin.

Comment

Was wondering what all the noise was about coming out of the servants quarters.

The Chinese Chef was watching TV. Some program called the stupid bowl or some such. She's still watchin and hollerin. Some people are weird you'd thing the Cowboys were playing.

Think I'll have a beer and head off to bed.

Comment

I had a great group of guys in 35 Ed...I can link you up with Lee if you are interested..let me know.

That would be long term memory, a sure sign of old age. It will only get worse.

Thanks, I'll check in with SC and see what's up. Might pursue a job in 35 or 36, then again, might not. Now's the time to make the decison because there's still a year left to get out and learn the area before the areas open up.

Thanks again.

Comment

Sounds like a perfect deal for the live in Chinese Chef and myself. Ten March even fits my calendar (don't care about hers). May just fire up the Mustang and make that shin dig. Eatin and drinkin, that's what I'm thinkin.

Ed I will be down there the Friday night staying in the RV and hitting the Tailgate party at the Best western That is where you grab a beer and walk around and lie about hunting and drink more beer. Then up at 530 to lite the fires on the pits and start drinking tequilia and Bloody Mary's but that is when the food starts gorditas, taqutas. Getting the ribs on the smokkers deer meat starts cooking place starts smelling good.

Comment

Sounds like a good time, wish I could be there. Figured pigs would be dead all over the place.

Ed going to HEB for loins. Trapped must have set up close to eds set up.

Comment

My New Target Toy

This is my new 3D and dot bow....Elite Pulse
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thought you guys would enjoy this pic....
                        Attached Files

Comment

Here's one with Chase and Chris Brackett.....
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jbitt4x4 View Post
                            Here's one with Chase and Chris Brackett.....
                            Nice. I met Chuck Adams at a 2006 Hunting Show in Pittsburgh. Very nice and provided a lot of good info during his seminar.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post
                              What are are you in. Some places don't hold hogs long, if u got water you will have hogs, unless u ran them off with your sour corn LOL.104: 105 or 31, find water.
                              I'm in 35, back by the fence line.

Comment

Are you down in the lower ground in the dry creek bed?

Comment

Working...
                                X