No announcement yet.

Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah, No luck. I saw like 7 hens and a big ole Tom, but I could not get a shot at him. I went into 35 tonight to see is I could find any hogs..........no hogs......but saw 4 nice bucks and like 15 does.......plus shot a a yote, but I missed him.......he busted me and was running away when I shot!

I'll keep on trucking and hopefully I can connect before all the darn areas get shot out.

Comment

Originally posted by txarrowslinger View Post
      nah, no luck. I saw like 7 hens and a big ole tom, but i could not get a shot at him. I went into 35 tonight to see is i could find any hogs..........no hogs......but saw 4 nice bucks and like 15 does.......plus shot a a yote, but i missed him.......he busted me and was running away when i shot!

I'll keep on trucking and hopefully i can connect before all the darn areas get shot out.
      keep at em.

Comment

Shoot Lance..............I will never give up........not in my vocabulary.......I will connect with something before the season is over with.

How about you, have you been doing any more hunting?

Comment

well hello back in texas to everyone...glad to see everyone is having a good season...welcome back jason as well....

Comment

Originally posted by TXArrowSlinger View Post
            Shoot Lance..............I will never give up........not in my vocabulary.......I will connect with something before the season is over with.

How about you, have you been doing any more hunting?

No, we have more people processing than we have ever had before. Got out of here about 2015 last night. It will be like this until after the holidays. I'm trying to take leave the last week of DEC and go to ETX to finish the season but that is not looking good right now. Took my 7yr old on a hog hunt in 82E last weekend but didn't see anything. He's more interested now so I'm going to try and get another pop-up so I can take him more next year.

Keep updating us on your attempts and success. God Bless bro!

Comment

Got a good solid hit on a deer, more to follow.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post
                Got a good solid hit on a deer, more to follow.
                What is the word Kevin. Did you find it? You shoot it out on your place?

Comment

Well it seems that everyone is lost in the woods........................HELLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOO! !!!!!!!!!!!! Where is everyone. I have seen more action in the woods lately..........and that aint much!!! LMAO!!!

Comment

I'm here. but haven't been doing much outdoors wise to talk about.

Getting ready though. Ordered a back quiver for my bamboo arrows so I can carry my self bow when I'm scouting. The compound is just not made for walking around and you never know when you'll see something worth shooting. Squirrel, rabbit, stump, whatever. Stump shooting with a compound is hazardous to the arrows to say the least. A mid poundage self bow doesn't have enough cast to do much damage to the arrow.

Need to get a couple new camera's, had a couple grow legs this summer, so need to replace them. I really wasn't happy with one of the and the other one was all beat up. Squirrels had been chewing on it and I had broken most of the mounts off of it and had epoxied it to a 2x4 to use bungie cords to mount it. So the person didn't really get much except the rechargeable batteries that were in the one I didn't like.

Gonna hit the scouting hard as soon as the wx warms up. I'm a big sissy. Plus, I did my time in the cold when I was a kid.

Comment

Congrats to Rey for making the MSG list...stay safe over there as well brother!

Comment

I got some folks coming in next week and they want to hunt fort hood for pigs, anyone can I borrow a stand for a day next weekend???

Comment

I got some folks coming in next week and they want to hunt fort hood for pigs, anyone can I borrow a stand for a day next weekend???
                          Got a 15' ladder stand you can borrow.

Comment

If you want one already set up, you know where mine is. Don't have a loose one. All of them are strapped to trees.

Comment

thanks ed and lance

Comment

Hey Kevin, Mine is still out there. Threw some hand corn out last week, but have not got the feeders up and running. You know where they are if you wanna give em a shot. Just let me know, so I dont come out and mess someone up if they are sitting them.

Probably get the feeders going on Wednesday or Thursday.

What is the status on the deer you hit the other night? Any luck?

Comment

Working...
                                X