Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TXArrowSlinger View Post
    I will definately be busting my balls trying to put it together before the end of the season. Good luck out there during gun season.....hopefully the gun hunters will push something with in bow range for ya.

Sounded like WWIII out there...I think they killed everything, LMAO. First time I actually sat and did not see a dang single deer!

Comment

Back from my AL trip .... drank way too much beer, shot a small doe and having her made into sausage. I never knew a .270 was that loud in an enclosed space, don't think the hang over had anything to do with it.

Jason, welcome home! Don't hurry getting up, the deer and pigs can wait.

Matt, See you got the unforked one. Good show. Good thing your limited on tags or you'd probably shoot out Hood all by yourself.

Hope everybody enjoyed Thanksgiving as much as I did.

Comment

Originally posted by EdO View Post
        Back from my AL trip .... drank way too much beer, shot a small doe and having her made into sausage. I never knew a .270 was that loud in an enclosed space, don't think the hang over had anything to do with it.

Jason, welcome home! Don't hurry getting up, the deer and pigs can wait.

Matt, See you got the unforked one. Good show. Good thing your limited on tags or you'd probably shoot out Hood all by yourself.

Hope everybody enjoyed Thanksgiving as much as I did.
        Welcome back Ed.

Comment

Thanks Lance ...

You never appreciate TX until you get out and have to deal with the riff-raff.

Comment

Welcome home Ed. I am not really in a hurry.......................awwwwwwwww........who am I kidding.....I cant wait to get out there and see what I can get a shot at.

I just plan on having a helper with me while I am in the blind. Gonna be taking the ole lady with me more now. I can use some company in the blind.......as well as some good luck hopefully!

Comment

If you guys ever get bored you should check out the debate on Sunday hunting(SH) in PA on the Hunt PA Forum...it's comical to say the least...unreal of how much power the Farm Bureau has here!

Comment

Captain Hook is a beast, congrats on the cull.

Comment

Originally posted by bu2herndog View Post
                  Captain Hook is a beast, congrats on the cull.
                  thanks

Comment

Got my license squared away yesterday. Now it is off into the woods to try and find a productive spot........that no one else has occupied. This should be fun.....LMAO. I will also be out this weekend with the slug gun to try to get it done. Figure I will use the weekends for the bang stick and the weekdays for my bow. Hopefully it turns into an even better year.

Also had a great friend donate some meat to my empty freezer cause......Thanks bub! It is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Got my license squared away yesterday. Now it is off into the woods to try and find a productive spot........that no one else has occupied. This should be fun.....LMAO. I will also be out this weekend with the slug gun to try to get it done. Figure I will use the weekends for the bang stick and the weekdays for my bow. Hopefully it turns into an even better year.

Also had a great friend donate some meat to my empty freezer cause......Thanks bub! It is greatly appreciated.

Good luck brother...and don't give in to the gun hype, lol...you can use your bow on the weekends, too

Comment

Just a suggestion of the gun/bow rotation. What I do is use the bow in the morning and the gun in the evening. The evening gun saves having to track in failing light/dark. Shoot em in the neck and they drop like a rock.

Comment

Originally posted by EdO View Post
                          Just a suggestion of the gun/bow rotation. What I do is use the bow in the morning and the gun in the evening. The evening gun saves having to track in failing light/dark. Shoot em in the neck and they drop like a rock.
                          Sounds like you got a good system going Ed. Plus shooting em in the neck saves meat as well.

Comment

Well I did some scouting and found two decent spots. Gonna get my cameras up and running tomorrow to see what is moving through the area. Hope all the bucks have not went nocturnal already.

Headin up north this weekend with the slug gun to see if I can put some meat in the freezer. Sure wish we could shoot does in some of the other areas.....but I guess I will stick with what we got.

Comment

Gonna head out to my pig spots and get my feeders filled and my cameras set later today. Hopefully I will be able to pattern the little porkers and lay a few to rest before I head of to Arizona this summer.

Comment

Well I did some scouting and found two decent spots. Gonna get my cameras up and running tomorrow to see what is moving through the area. Hope all the bucks have not went nocturnal already.

Headin up north this weekend with the slug gun to see if I can put some meat in the freezer. Sure wish we could shoot does in some of the other areas.....but I guess I will stick with what we got.
                                Any luck?

Comment

Working...
                                X