Lake Whitney / Lake Aquilla 07-08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grizz View Post
    I scouted out over 100 spots over 3 years...best spots I haven't seen another hunter yet...
    Dang Grizz...you got my spots...

Comment

Yeah, it's the real way of hunting thats for sure. I would like to have a lease so my family could be right there with me to enjoy it and have a camp to go to year round. We camp down there at times but it's just not the same. And when I do finally get a lease I'll hunt food plots and trails. Watching a feeder is boring after hunting public land.

Comment

Hey Clint (silent hunter) where you been? We' ve caught some nice fish at the lake lately. we caught about 15 black bass and about 35 sand bass today.

Mike I'm in on the get together
        Last edited by switchback; 07-20-2008, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hachiebowhunter View Post
          Yeah, it's the real way of hunting thats for sure. I would like to have a lease so my family could be right there with me to enjoy it and have a camp to go to year round.
          I'm planning on Camping at Ft Hood @ Belton RV Park with the family on Early Archery weekends and hunting the AM with the boy...going boating and play in the water with family in the heat of the day. We'd be back from hunting before they had the first cup of coffee.

@ $15 bucks a night...its cheaper than a lease and there is more choices in activity for the family...

I gotta find out if they let weapons in the park and/or a dead deer

Comment

Originally posted by switchback View Post
            Hey Clint (silent hunter) where you been? We' ve caught some nice fish at the lake lately. we caught about 15 black bass and about 35 sand bass today.

Mike I'm in on the get together
            Dang boy!!! I'm gonna re-name you Roland Martin! Tough fishing on Aquilla...scrathing my boat up in the timber...bass are on the trees - flippin..got 3 _2-3lbs but 15 is ALLOT of Big Mouths..

OK..I AM GOING TO *YOUR* lake Friday Morn fer sure

Click image for larger version

Name:	Aquilla 7_20_8.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	23848642

Comment

where did that come from.....
              I was wondering the same thing . Alterrnative plans, are great to have .

Comment

Dang boy!!! I'm gonna re-name you Roland Martin! ...................OK..I AM GOING TO *YOUR* lake Friday Morn fer sure
                I think his secret is not getting to the lake till 1PM

Comment

Dang boy!!! I'm gonna re-name you Roland Martin! Tough fishing on Aquilla...scrathing my boat up in the timber...bass are on the trees - flippin..got 3 _2-3lbs but 15 is ALLOT of Big Mouths..

OK..I AM GOING TO *YOUR* lake Friday Morn fer sure
                  Aquilla sucks for largemouth now (I don't know what is wrong with that lake it used to be so good), whitney was on fire this spring, several big limits of blacks (catch and release of course), the lake has really come back. We had a bass tournament on the brazos river saturday, the bite was surprisingly good for this time of year, it took over 12 lbs to win.

Comment

Originally posted by boss bowman View Post
                    Aquilla sucks for largemouth now (I don't know what is wrong with that lake it used to be so .
                    Used to be grass on the humps and points...I think the drought killed the grass...just old weed stalks now.
                    We've been getting between 3-6 keeper fish a morn. but 15 is a haul....

Plenty of shad.....maybe the forage is just too good.

Comment

Grizz they were all 2 lbs or less but we had fun. they're in the edge of the weeds and off the humps both. We've still been trolling crank baits to beat the heat, but worm fished a lil in the late evening and had luck to.

Mike you know I'm getting my sleeping in late on fishday before deer season gets here. haha

Comment

hey stay out of my honey hole grizz jk

Comment

Cleburne, TX. POOL Party and Get-2-geather, No Swim Suits Required

Here it is Fellers! Click on the link below

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...286#post773286

Comment

Wish I could make it Mike, but I won't be over in that part of Texas during that timeframe. You guys have a great time and take some pics to post.

Thanks for the invite!!!

Comment

I"ll be there. Might even get my better half to join, but not sure yet.

Comment

Hey just been working and trying to finish up the two legged doe season. lol
                                Hopefulley i will be done the end of august to get ready to hunt all season.we need to get together and shoot some time.

Comment

Working...
                                X