Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When does the full blown rut begin at the lake?

Comment

Email from Stacy, doesn't look like we will even make it to the rut :-/ "There are three buck tags left, Larry at Tejas has two and Virgil at Russell has one. Plenty of doe tags remaining. I will be sending out a daily update on the buck tags starting with this one. You will need to check your email before leaving for hunts to make sure buck tags remain."

Comment

Originally posted by anchorman View Post
        Email from Stacy, doesn't look like we will even make it to the rut :-/ "There are three buck tags left, Larry at Tejas has two and Virgil at Russell has one. Plenty of doe tags remaining. I will be sending out a daily update on the buck tags starting with this one. You will need to check your email before leaving for hunts to make sure buck tags remain."
        People shot spikes for most of those buck tags. The program is not run well because they are short handed. Also, IMO, the individual responsible for the survey before season must be blind or not know what a deer looks like.

Comment

However, one of Virgil's remaining tags belongs to me as of yesterday evening
          Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352327541.747504.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	24138043

Comment

Nice, finally some non-spike buck tags being used. Congrats snipe!

Comment

Originally posted by Snipehunter View Post
              [ATTACH]417575[/ATTACH]
              Congrats.

Comment

I intentionally hunted the Spike & Doe only area to HELP out the population.. When all i was given was the opportunity to kill a jacked up spike I did. Then found out they were using it for BUCK tag.. I thought "dumb me" that the MLD had 3 types of tags, or would at least allow us to kill all the spikes on the DOE count.

Comment

Don't worry about it ReDNeq you done good ;-0.

Comment

Originally posted by Snipehunter View Post
                    [ATTACH]417575[/ATTACH]
                    Congrats Snipe hunter. How old do you figure he was?

Comment

Originally posted by pro hunter View Post
                      Congrats Snipe hunter. How old do you figure he was?
                      He was 3.5 and had 7 points. His tine length was short, but main beams were 18.5 inches. He field dressed at 117lbs. Oh, and I got the kill on video too

Comment

Originally posted by ReDNeQ View Post
                        I intentionally hunted the Spike & Doe only area to HELP out the population.. When all i was given was the opportunity to kill a jacked up spike I did. Then found out they were using it for BUCK tag.. I thought "dumb me" that the MLD had 3 types of tags, or would at least allow us to kill all the spikes on the DOE count.
                        ReDneQ you dont have to explain your self we are all out there to have fun and shooting a jacked up spike is fun. I serously doubt there are any boon and crocket bucks running around out there any way.

Comment

What is funny is all I have on my camera is 4 spikes, one young, two middle, and one real old he has gray on his face and about 10 inch spikes that are palmeted, a 4 point, a nice buck and 1 doe. So I guess unless the old spike or nice buck comes in, I will be shooting a doe.

Comment

Originally posted by doeboy11 View Post
                            What is funny is all I have on my camera is 4 spikes, one young, two middle, and one real old he has gray on his face and about 10 inch spikes that are palmeted, a 4 point, a nice buck and 1 doe. So I guess unless the old spike or nice buck comes in, I will be shooting a doe.
                            Kill what you can. There are only 2 buck tags left I believe.

Comment

spent some time and got my five posts out of the way so ill try and post some pics of the buck i shot this past sunday.[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by pro hunter View Post
                                spent some time and got my five posts out of the way so ill try and post some pics of the buck i shot this past sunday.[IMG][/IMG]
                                didnt work can sombody tell me how to post pic's on here?

Comment

Working...
                                X