No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Set up a game camera two weeks ago, so today I decided I'd take a walk and pull the card.

Noticed all kinds of tracks around the stand, awesome! Get home to view the pics and I've got a grand total of 4 pics. 1 of me setting up the cam, 2 of just nothing, and 1 of me approaching cam. And the best part, its the third trip wearing my new snake boots and I've got blisters on each foot.

I guess if I don't get any pics again, I'll move the game to a different location. I clearly have deer in my area, but no pics. Just seems like where I set it, I should have gotten something.

Comment

That's cool z7. Let us know how it working. I've been pricing them.

Hopedale... That stinks. If your swing signs then that's a good thing. Lol about the boots!!

Wish us luck!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350860678.444964.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	24130705

Comment

The wind is blowing hard, nothing here yet

Comment

I hiked out to my spot after my sons little league championship game (they won) to sit the last hour and fill my bucket feeder. Im in my tree in shorts havent had a shower and five minutes after being here i have two nubbers in. Lol. Maybe something larger will show.Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1350862531070.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	24130710

Comment

Originally posted by centexhunter01 View Post
            That's cool z7. Let us know how it working. I've been pricing them.

Hopedale... That stinks. If your swing signs then that's a good thing. Lol about the boots!!

Wish us luck!!

[ATTACH]409001[/ATTACH]
            Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by chrisgunguy View Post
              I hiked out to my spot after my sons little league championship game (they won) to sit the last hour and fill my bucket feeder. Im in my tree in shorts havent had a shower and five minutes after being here i have two nubbers in. Lol. Maybe something larger will show.[ATTACH]409022[/ATTACH]
              Don't blame you a bit for wearing shorts. It was a warm walk this afternoon.

Hope you get something

Comment

Originally posted by Z7buckmaster View Post
                Took the blind down hunting from my tree stand about 20 ft hight wind is in my fece too windy but you never know.
                Hey Z7 glad to hear you got a treestand. Which one did you get? I have a bad back and had to spend a pretty penny for mine, but it sure is comfy (its the Millennium M100). I took a big doe at granger this weekend (85 lbs field dressed) from mine. 20 ft is about as high as you need to go on those. Be careful if your using tree limbs to climb in. Use a haul line and if you have a harness wear that too. You get used to them quick and they can save you from really hurting yourself. Just keep with it, I got up on the deer this weekend with my treestand when they kept busting me in a ground blind.

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                Set up a game camera two weeks ago, so today I decided I'd take a walk and pull the card.

Noticed all kinds of tracks around the stand, awesome! Get home to view the pics and I've got a grand total of 4 pics. 1 of me setting up the cam, 2 of just nothing, and 1 of me approaching cam. And the best part, its the third trip wearing my new snake boots and I've got blisters on each foot.

I guess if I don't get any pics again, I'll move the game to a different location. I clearly have deer in my area, but no pics. Just seems like where I set it, I should have gotten something.
                I got a pair of cabela's snake boots for $89. They are real comfortable, but there is a rubber piece around the top where you put your feet in that is coming off and I just got them this season. It's just cosmetic though, so I think all in all if they hold up they will have been a great buy. I haven't seen enough snakes at lake georgetown to worry about snake boots, but some of my other places they come in handy (also to get my boat in and out of shallow places the rubber boots help).

Comment

[QUOTE=anchorman;6053032]Hey Z7 glad to hear you got a treestand. Which one did you get? I have a bad back and had to spend a pretty penny for mine, but it sure is comfy (its the Millennium M100). I took a big doe at granger this weekend (85 lbs field dressed) from mine. 20 ft is about as high as you need to go on those. Be careful if your using tree limbs to climb in. Use a haul line and if you have a harness wear that too. You get used to them quick and they can save you from really hurting yourself. Just keep with it, I got up on the deer this weekend with my treestand when they kept busting me in a ground blind.

I GOT A CHEAP ONE FROM ACADEMY, GAME WINNER, ITS A GOOD ONE FOR ME AND THE TREE ITS ON A ANGLE SO ITS LIKE IM ON A LOUNGE CHAIR. DIDNT SEE ANY THING AND SINCE I WAS OUT THERE BY MY SELF I DECITED TO CHECK MY BUDDYS FEEDER ABOUT 150YRD FROM MY AND THERE WAS A MATURE DOE THERE, GOT WITHIN 25YRDS BUT IT WAS TOO THICK SO I STEP A LITTLE BIT TO THE SIDE WHERE THERE WAS A OPENING AND SHE BUST ME!!! I HAD A GOOD TIME.

Comment

[quote=Z7buckmaster;6055502]
                    Originally posted by anchorman View Post
                    Hey Z7 glad to hear you got a treestand. Which one did you get? I have a bad back and had to spend a pretty penny for mine, but it sure is comfy (its the Millennium M100). I took a big doe at granger this weekend (85 lbs field dressed) from mine. 20 ft is about as high as you need to go on those. Be careful if your using tree limbs to climb in. Use a haul line and if you have a harness wear that too. You get used to them quick and they can save you from really hurting yourself. Just keep with it, I got up on the deer this weekend with my treestand when they kept busting me in a ground blind.

I GOT A CHEAP ONE FROM ACADEMY, GAME WINNER, ITS A GOOD ONE FOR ME AND THE TREE ITS ON A ANGLE SO ITS LIKE IM ON A LOUNGE CHAIR. DIDNT SEE ANY THING AND SINCE I WAS OUT THERE BY MY SELF I DECITED TO CHECK MY BUDDYS FEEDER ABOUT 150YRD FROM MY AND THERE WAS A MATURE DOE THERE, GOT WITHIN 25YRDS BUT IT WAS TOO THICK SO I STEP A LITTLE BIT TO THE SIDE WHERE THERE WAS A OPENING AND SHE BUST ME!!! I HAD A GOOD TIME.
                    That's cool, I spent way too much on mine I think... but I learned that if I am not comfortable I will move too much, so the extra money was worth it for my backs sake. Glad to hear you had a good weekend. Getting in that close and them busting you so many times can suck until you actually kill one, then it's all worth it

Comment

might go hunt this afternoon, kinda windy tho ;-/.

Comment

Hello all, I just moved to Round Rock in the summer (TeraVista). I also just got into in hunting this summer so that I could spend time with my boys. Would anyone be interested in teaching and mentoring me? No worries about me using any trade secrets or honey holes against you as I will be leaving Round Rock next summer. I am in the military and will be headed to El Paso next summer. If anyone is interested in teaching a new guy to the sport, please let me know; thanks.

Comment

pm sent

Comment

No post for 2 days? where is everybody? Anybody have the latest tag count?

Comment

I will be out of town this weekend hunting east Texas public land, get at em!

Should be a great weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by 2grunts View Post
                                No post for 2 days? where is everybody? Anybody have the latest tag count?
                                Was wondering the same thing. Planning on being in the stand Saturday at 0'dark thirty.

Comment

Working...
                                X