Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anchorman View Post
    if you got a good tree stand and spot i would definitely go that route. You get such better visibility, and they don't see you as well. I started with a ground blind this year too and moved to tree. Kept getting busted too easily on the ground.
    i went out thursday morning and got busted a couple of times, my feeder is about 25yds from the blind but theres trais all over, and they are coming from behind be. The tree stand wound be about 17ft high in side a cedar tree do you thing the odds woud be better?

Comment

A very good friend of mine took this on some property bordering Lake Georgetown near Cedar Breaks Park this morning. I had to bail from work to go shake his hand and take some pics. I wouldnt miss it. Couldnt have happened to a better guy, and he was happy. Congrats Mark.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-10-19 09.09.38.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	161.5 KB
ID:	24130089

Comment

Originally posted by chrisgunguy View Post
        a very good friend of mine took this on some property bordering lake georgetown near cedar breaks park this morning. I had to bail from work to go shake his hand and take some pics. I wouldnt miss it. Couldnt have happened to a better guy, and he was happy. Congrats mark.

[ATTACH]407952[/ATTACH]
        nice buck!!!

Comment

Deers came out @ 9:15am today for me. btw.

I use ground blind. Doe was about 5 yards from me. I waited to see what the other deer was...was very small doe. So I harvested the mama @ 15 yards.

I only go out if wind is right tho, and I use a little cover sent (doe p) around my blind (not much).

Comment

Originally posted by Z7buckmaster View Post
            i went out thursday morning and got busted a couple of times, my feeder is about 25yds from the blind but theres trais all over, and they are coming from behind be. The tree stand wound be about 17ft high in side a cedar tree do you thing the odds woud be better?
            I think so, the first deer I saw ran in 10 yds from my ground blind and scared the crap out of me so it actually spooked me, then it saw and ran. If I had been in a tree I would have seen it coming and been ready. Even if you have an ARC range finder I would still take a couple of shots from your point to see what the elevation does. At 25 yds it may not be much but I was shooting 3D targets a lot before the season started from different positions and you would be surprised how much it can make a difference.

Are you looking at putting up a hang on stand?
            Last edited by anchorman; 10-19-2012, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by anchorman View Post
              i think so, the first deer i saw ran in 10 yds from my ground blind and scared the crap out of me so it actually spooked me, then it saw and ran. If i had been in a tree i would have seen it coming and been ready. Even if you have an arc range finder i would still take a couple of shots from your point to see what the elevation does. At 25 yds it may not be much but i was shooting 3d targets a lot before the season started from different positions and you would be surprised how much it can make a difference.

Are you looking at putting up a hang on stand?
              i have'nt bought one yet i thinking about a tree stand the have at academy for 39.00 i think its a game winner. The tree i found has a lot o limbs that forms a latter so i wount need climing sticks.

Comment

i have'nt bought one yet i thinking about a tree stand the have at academy for 39.00 i think its a game winner. The tree i found has a lot o limbs that forms a latter so i wount need climing sticks.
                Same size one $34 at Walmart youve sat in mind

Comment

Chris... Dang good buck. Congrats to the hunter!

Going to try my luck tomorrow morning.

Comment

As far as Rut it ain't there. Some young bucks trying and pushing but watch a 4-5 year old eight point this morning eating with about 8 doe and they paid him no attention at all

Comment

I recommend tripod stand, more adaptable to the terrian of central Texas.

Comment

Just got snuggled in the blind west of tejas. Just heard two gun shots at about 5:05. Sounded like a riffle and didn't hit anything. Well see what happens. Good luck to anyone who's out today.

Comment

good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Scott82m View Post
                            Same size one $34 at Walmart youve sat in mind
                            i went to walmart didn't see any avaliable

Comment

bucks seem to be moving noticed 3 new bucks on my can --- all too small doh

Comment

Took the blind down hunting from my tree stand about 20 ft hight wind is in my fece too windy but you never know.

Comment

Working...
                                X