No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went out this morning....nothing. went out this afternoon......nothing!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SMOOTHboar View Post
      I'm one of those weird guys that processes their own game. Not sure how that would look. Taking my deer over to a processor to keep cold when I simply don't intend to give him the business.
      Mike's Barnyard in Liberty Hill will do this for you. At least that's what he told me a couple years back. I think he wanted something like $10/day at the time.

Comment

I've had it done several times. They charge 10-25 a day for a hanging/storage fee. Not a problem. There are so many hunters in the state that travel to hunt that it happens a lot I'm sure.

Comment

Anyone have any luck this weekend?

I am going to go out this Friday coming up.

So far 1 shooter buck and a few does hanging around since I shot the last doe.

Comment

Originally posted by Falling View Post
            Anyone have any luck this weekend?

I am going to go out this Friday coming up.

So far 1 shooter buck and a few does hanging around since I shot the last doe.
            Man, I went out all day Sat. I didnt see anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 2grunts View Post
              Man, I went out all day Sat. I didnt see anything.
              All this green on the ground and the acorns, it will be hard for them to go after corn and move around often. At least I'm saving $$ on corn right now by not buying as much. If we get a good freeze that should help.

I wonder when gun season starts if the surrounding private land will pressure the deer to the archery only areas?

Comment

Originally posted by centexhunter01 View Post
                All this green on the ground and the acorns, it will be hard for them to go after corn and move around often. At least I'm saving $$ on corn right now by not buying as much. If we get a good freeze that should help.

I wonder when gun season starts if the surrounding private land will pressure the deer to the archery only areas?
                them deer better come out if they know what is best for them starting this Friday.

Comment

Went out yesterday morning-nothing. I am thinking of moving but it sounds like everyone having same success, sooooo. When would you move? I see two does on my camera in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by doeboy11 View Post
                    Went out yesterday morning-nothing. I am thinking of moving but it sounds like everyone having same success, sooooo. When would you move? I see two does on my camera in the morning.
                    This Fri/Sat/Sun is going to be good because I will be hunting out there and I told them deer they better not make me sad.

Your best bet therefore is to be out there then since they will have to cross over a lot of peoples spots en route to mine.

Comment

I hunted last Friday afternoon, nothing showed up. Well, almost nothing, only 2 birds ... so, I switched to dove hunt at another public land in the Saturday morning. Did well, 2 birds shy from a limit

The weather did not cooperate last weekend, too humid and abnormal warm. Also, last Saturday, it was kind of windy in the morning. Deer does not like wind, they become more caution in this situation.

Comment

went and checked my camera it appears the deer are starting to head my call already, 2nd official buck ever spotted (non-spike) at my spot.

Don't think he is legal tho, almost sure i won't take a shot at him due to it being to close to tell. What do yall think?

Comment

Originally posted by Falling View Post
                          went and checked my camera it appears the deer are starting to head my call already, 2nd official buck ever spotted (non-spike) at my spot.

Don't think he is legal tho, almost sure i won't take a shot at him due to it being to close to tell. What do yall think?

Don't shoot

Comment

Originally posted by jtslush View Post
                            Don't shoot
                            yah maybe a shooter next year.

Comment

Negative. Not Gonna make it

Comment

Ill be at 6b tomorrow, did some changes around my spot will see if it pays off. Anybody else hunting?

Comment

Working...
                                X