Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrwest66 View Post
    How close can someone actually setup next to you? Someone setup about 50yrds from me. I emailed Olen because I was approved first. I don't want any issues so I may move if I find out they are allowed to be that close.
    They are supposed to be 300 ft from your gps coordinates.

Comment

after harvesting a deer out there how long yall think i should let my spot cool down before trying again?

Comment

I would wait at least 6 hours before hunting again

Really though, unless you dragged it through your setup and gutted it very close I wouldn't even worry about hunting the next day. Only the deer you shot knows whats going on. And he/she's not talking to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by jmaustin View Post
          Really though, unless you dragged it through your setup and gutted it very close I wouldn't even worry about hunting the next day. Only the deer you shot knows whats going on. And he/she's not talking to anyone.
          well she kinda dragged herself through my setup. shot the very top of the lungs and a piece of her back. clear blood all over the place...but she kept doing circles all over my setup for about 4 minutes before I cut her neck.

I field dressed her far away. but there was plenty of blood all over the place where i hunt -- kinda why i was wondering.

Comment

I see. In that case I would just rely on my camera to tell me when the deer show back up.

Comment

So what time is everybody getting at their stands for the morning hunt.

Comment

i get to my spot (not to the parking) around 5:30am/4pm

Comment

Originally posted by 1elkaholic2 View Post
                  They are supposed to be 300 ft from your gps coordinates.
                  Olen is not there I got an email from a guy named Scott and he said there were 150ft from me and I was there first.

Comment

Have any of you guys met the person you hunt close to or run into them? How was the interaction? My encounter was friendly and informative. I didn't know there were four other hunters in my area.

Comment

There is a group of 6 of us out at Tejas park The first stand is 600' from the Tejas park and the rest continue down the tree line about 450-580ft apart. Last year it was just my son and me. This year it is the whole family plus a friend. Hunted Thur-Sun but didn't see anything but a couple of does. No shot opportunity given. We had a lot of pic of does and bucks that had just started coming out in the daylight. Since the season started we have not seen any of the bucks or does. We go to our stands by cutting off the trail straight to our stands so we don't walk through our setups. When we hunt it is just 2 or 3 of us at a time, so I didn't think there was to much pressure, but I have found other setups in the area some not 300ft away so I think we have pushed ever thing onto private land behind us.

Comment

Just set down for my first hunt at g-town tonight. Primary purpose is to fill fdr and hand corn for this weekend. Might as well bring my bow n have a sit before I do work. May get lucky. Heavy traffic been on the trail right in front.
                        20ft up panoramic.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1349823266105.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	24126219

Comment

Originally posted by chrisgunguy View Post
                          Just set down for my first hunt at g-town tonight. Primary purpose is to fill fdr and hand corn for this weekend. Might as well bring my bow n have a sit before I do work. May get lucky. Heavy traffic been on the trail right in front.
                          20ft up panoramic.
                          [ATTACH]403283[/ATTACH]
                          Good Luck waiting on Pics

Comment

any luck Chris?

Comment

All quiet. Had a solo deer walk the woods behind me. Thought it would circle and come in but didn't.

Comment

Centexhunter- I met one of the other hunters in our area on Friday. Again nice guy talked about where we were set up, what have been seeing etc. no problems at all. I think it makes sense to introduce yourself shake hands and help pack out if someone connects. It makes for a great experience and builds new friendships! Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                                X