No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't have marathoners last night but had loud boy scouters.

Comment

The deer aint looking for food or moving much right now- lots of greenery and acorns- I have deer trickle through but not in big bunches like usual. Hang in there and hunt hard late season. My kids want to take the box blade and put in some oats so I may let them give it a try but it will just get overgrazed.
      Im not even seeing deer much when driving home right now.

Comment

got a doe -- check in open?

Comment

Congrats! You got a pic you can post up?

Comment

anyone have directions to check in from lost river

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Falling View Post
                Sorry I don't know where that is

Comment

Originally posted by Falling View Post
                  PM Sent - Congrats!

Comment

So how exactly does this check in work. Is it a do it yourself or is there sombody doing it for you?

Comment

There is someone there with the tags, which is why there are set times. And it flip flops between Russel and Tejas parks.

Comment

By the time i hauled her out - was too late going to go check her in the mornin.

Comment

Man that sucks. So what do we do? Can we break it down and skin it out?!?

Comment

only reason i went out there in the afternoon was because this bad boy showed up on the camera ~~

Comment

Congras, Falling.
                              It is kind of awkward to checkin deer. I passed the checkin time (6-10am) yesterday morning. And no one was available at both Tejas and Russel. The next checkin slot is 7-10pm. So, I went back home and have to be back at 7pm to checkin the deer.

Comment

Originally posted by SMOOTHboar View Post
                                Man that sucks. So what do we do? Can we break it down and skin it out?!?
                                I asked about skinning and quartering at Orientation. Olen said they needed them Gutted only with hide intact for their harvest data records. I would just fill the chest cavity with Ice and put it in the biggest cooler you have, or see if one of the local processors will let you hang it in their cooler overnight.

Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                                X