No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our buddy got a Spike that needed to be taken Tuesday @ 6:25pm.. We are as concerned as everyone else about the spike being used as a BUCK TAG, when in all actuality this dude was a 3 yo and his horns WERE NASTY.. seriously no forks on a 3yo and they dont want us to CULL them out without tagging them against the 15 bucks.......

Hoping things get better with the survey's next year.

Comment

We are as concerned as everyone else about the spike being used as a BUCK TAG, when in all actuality this dude was a 3 yo and his horns WERE NASTY.. seriously no forks on a 3yo and they dont want us to CULL them out without tagging them against the 15 bucks.......

Hoping things get better with the survey's next year.
      They are not managing for antlers.

Only thing that will make the # of buck tags go up is MORE bucks walking around out there next time they conduct the survey.

Few years back they were telling us the buck/doe ratio was 1/30. Lucky to get any buck tags at all, that year.

Comment

Ill be out there tomorrow morning.

Comment

Post up some pics of that buck

Comment

So I'm on stand, another to give up, then about 1020 a small 6 point shows up. This convinces me to sit longer. Then about 30 minutes later some guy, wearing #4 Jersey, comes trotting through with his 3 dogs. As he's doing this, he jumped up a doe about 60 yards from me, which was probably going to come in to shooting range. :banghead: Should I stay or should I go?

Comment

Originally posted by jtslush View Post
              So I'm on stand, another to give up, then about 1020 a small 6 point shows up. This convinces me to sit longer. Then about 30 minutes later some guy, wearing #4 Jersey, comes trotting through with his 3 dogs. As he's doing this, he jumped up a doe about 60 yards from me, which was probably going to come in to shooting range. :banghead: Should I stay or should I go?
              WOW sounds like they are finally moving. I say come back for the evening hunt.

Comment

Well, I think #4's agenda is to mess up hunts. I ran into another TBHer at the check in and told him about him. Well he saw #4 before he got out there and told him there were hunters out there and asked if he could please stay on the trails. #4 told him "I'm not worried about hunters." When I went to the parking area I saw him. I said "Hey bud, I wanted to let you know you walked right past me while I was hunting." He says "If you shoot me, you'd be in big trouble!" I say "I'm not going to shoot you, but I want you to be aware that people are hunting out there." He says "Ya'll aren't the only ones allowed out here!" I say "I'm just asking for a little consideration out there." He walks off.

Geez!

Comment

Well, I think #4's agenda is to mess up hunts. I ran into another TBHer at the check in and told him about him. Well he saw #4 before he got out there and told him there were hunters out there and asked if he could please stay on the trails. #4 told him "I'm not worried about hunters." When I went to the parking area I saw him. I said "Hey bud, I wanted to let you know you walked right past me while I was hunting." He says "If you shoot me, you'd be in big trouble!" I say "I'm not going to shoot you, but I want you to be aware that people are hunting out there." He says "Ya'll aren't the only ones allowed out here!" I say "I'm just asking for a little consideration out there." He walks off.

Geez!
                  Undercover PETA! Jk

Comment

Geez!
                    #4 is an idiot, period

Someone does not deserve respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott82m View Post
                      Undercover PETA! Jk
                      tell him he's going to need a orange vest when im hunting out there jk

Comment

If he's not sticking to the designated trails and is knowingly running past hunters doesn't that fall under hunter harassment which I believe is a misdemeanor.

Comment

Take a pic and send it into the office. They are sopposed to stay on the hike and bike trail, are at least i thought

Comment

Geez!
                            Wow what a piece of work... sorry for your troubles. Hope your spot works out bro. If you end up needing to move later on let me know ill help you out.

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
                              If he's not sticking to the designated trails and is knowingly running past hunters doesn't that fall under hunter harassment which I believe is a misdemeanor.
                              I might agree with that.

It is in the rules, supposed to stay on trails during hunting

Trail Rules

Horses, off-road vehicles, and motorcycles are prohibited.
                              Dogs must remain on leash 6 feet or less and under control. All waste must be properly removed from the trail.
                              Camp in designated areas only. These areas are Cedar Hollow, Sawyer, Walnut, and Tejas Camp.
                              Ground fires are prohibited. Use fire rings which were constructed for that purpose.
                              Tree cutting is prohibited. Use only wood that is found on the ground.
                              Please pack out trash. Trash cans are located at each trailhead.
                              The taking of plants, animals, rocks, fossils, artifacts and other items is prohibited and punishable under federal laws and regulations by fines up to $250,000.
                              Endangered Golden-cheeked Warblers are in the area from February to August. During this time and during hunts, please reduce noise and remain on the trail.
                              The Crockett Garden Spring and Falls is an environmentally sensitive area, do not bathe or wade in the spring stream or slide down the falls.

Comment

Originally posted by TXFireFighter View Post
                                Wow what a piece of work... sorry for your troubles. Hope your spot works out bro. If you end up needing to move later on let me know ill help you out.
                                Appreciate it, I'll let you know.

Comment

Working...
                                X