No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The tags are first come first serve. If you shoot a doe, you check it in at a check station and they give you the tag. Then you go try to get more.

I would say its not a good amount of buck tags as most to almost all of the tags end up being used in October on Spikes.

The doe tags are about right. They always have about 100 doe tags and usually only 40-60 are actually shot during the seaon.

There has never been this many hunters on the place though so we will see.

Comment

Originally posted by SMOOTHboar View Post
      Ok. So not everyone will be able to shoot an animal or... What does this actually mean?
      This means that T. P.W. has alotted those amount of deer to harvest. As per their survey. Your Job now is to call in before your hunts to verify tags that are left to use.

Comment

Ok. So what if all the tags are gone?

Comment

Originally posted by SMOOTHboar View Post
          Ok. So what if all the tags are gone?
          Season's over.

Won't happen though....there'll always be some doe tags.

Comment

if one of you guys get them big bucks at start of 6b this year post picture!

Comment

Has anybody ever shot nice deer out there? Don't forget about the rut in mid October.
              If those tags last that long. Spike tags would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by jmaustin View Post
                The tags are first come first serve. If you shoot a doe, you check it in at a check station and they give you the tag. Then you go try to get more.

I would say its not a good amount of buck tags as most to almost all of the tags end up being used in October on Spikes.

The doe tags are about right. They always have about 100 doe tags and usually only 40-60 are actually shot during the seaon.

There has never been this many hunters on the place though so we will see.
                Sure would be nice if folks won't **** off Buck tags on spikes.

Comment

Originally posted by jtslush View Post
                  Sure would be nice if folks won't **** off Buck tags on spikes.
                  Guess I can't say **** on the forum ...Sure would be nice if folks won't waste Buck tags on spikes.

Comment

email's out....."Pick your Bucks wisely!" - So True

Comment

Originally posted by centexhunter01 View Post
                      email's out....."Pick your Bucks wisely!" - So True
                      a spike just showed up on ma camera, dun dun dun...

jk..i won't even be around the first week going mule deer hunting.
                      Won't be surprised if all the buck tags are gone after the first week when i get back tho, it's alright will hopefully stick a doe ;-).

Comment

We didn't have many more (if any) last year, and it was fine. Couple years back there were only six or seven buck tags issued. If you're dead set on horns, Lake Georgetown is probably not the best place to be hunting anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by TXJon View Post
                          We didn't have many more (if any) last year, and it was fine. Couple years back there were only six or seven buck tags issued. If you're dead set on horns, Lake Georgetown is probably not the best place to be hunting anyway.
                          That's a great point. Given that it is mld, you know there are going to be limits on bucks. I'm just happy to have a place so close to home to try to put some meat in the freezer.

Comment

Who's hunting if it rains?

Comment

I will be there rain or shine. Just wish I had taken the time to seal all the seams in my pop up...

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                                Who's hunting if it rains?
                                Ill be out!!

Comment

Working...
                                X