No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we take a weed wacker out there?? Just to walk to my set up is brutal!! Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347564428.264180.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	24116620Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347564480.512872.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	24116621

And that's with pants on. Not sure what was sticking me but it sure did hurt the next day.

Comment

That is why I wear jeans/gaiters out there... regardless of heat.

Comment

I wear my snake boots cause the same issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
          Are you all set up Marshall?
          Not yet. Been crazy busy!

Comment

the boys are making their way in!!
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Z7buckmaster; 09-13-2012, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by centexhunter01 View Post
              Can we take a weed wacker out there?? Just to walk to my set up is brutal!! [ATTACH]390956[/ATTACH][ATTACH]390957[/ATTACH]

And that's with pants on. Not sure what was sticking me but it sure did hurt the next day.
              Do you know what bull nettle looks like?

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                Do you know what bull nettle looks like?
                I did not, but thanks to you and google and my legs... I do now.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by centexhunter01 View Post
                  I did not, but thanks to you and google and my legs... I do now.

Thank you.
                  It's horrible stuff and you don't want to even touch it as you found out. It can even hurt your dog if it touches it. It's hard to believe the seeds are edible and taste pretty good. Good luck on your hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by TXJon View Post
                    Permit # NF 13-13-DB You out there?

Looks like we are set up along the same tree line. More than the minimum 300' apart, but if we aren't careful we will be walking in through each other.

You want to send me a PM? We can figure out how to stay out of each others way.

BTW, you're in a good spot. Last year I killed five deer out of the big live oak that's about 8 yds back and left from your blind.
                    ttt

Comment

No idea who it is. But I sure hope he doesn't bust up your hunt.

Comment

Does anyone know generally how everyone drawn last year did? Did most people take something?

Comment

Originally posted by Meat821 View Post
                          Does anyone know generally how everyone drawn last year did? Did most people take something?
                          Generally... Everyone who tagged and weighed in their deer. Took something.

Comment

Originally posted by SMOOTHboar View Post
                            Generally... Everyone who tagged and weighed in their deer. Took something.
                            I walking into that one!

Comment

I walking into that one!
                              Yea! I couldn't resist.

Comment

I think around 30 guys killed deer. No idea of the total. Most years it seems like the same 20-25 guys kill almost every deer that comes off the place.

Lots of deer out there. No reason not to kill one if you have some time to put into it.

Comment

Working...
                                X