No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is my first time to hunt Lake Georgetown, and the first time to hunt public land. A question for you vets if you don't mind. What is a good time to start tracking? I don't want to shoot early and then accidentaly go busting through someones set up while tracking.

Comment

I pulled my GC cards today and found this. The corn thieves are INSIDE the cage!!!!

I guess I need to seal the door flap up.
      Attached Files

Comment

Those dudes are getting busy

Comment

Originally posted by Don View Post
          This is my first time to hunt Lake Georgetown, and the first time to hunt public land. A question for you vets if you don't mind. What is a good time to start tracking? I don't want to shoot early and then accidentaly go busting through someones set up while tracking.
          Don't let it spoil and track based on the shot. IMO its more important for you to find your quarry than worry about someone's hunt.

Comment

How do you get to be able to hunt here and is it to late to apply for this year?

Comment

It's too late to apply. And you have to fill out the app, meet the requirements,and pay your money. They take new applications sometime between the spring and summer. Idk the start and end date

Comment

Originally posted by jtslush View Post
                Don't let it spoil and track based on the shot. IMO its more important for you to find your quarry than worry about someone's hunt.

Comment

Here is how two of my buddies met while hunting on pub lands. My pal shoots a very average typical buck. Good hit. Watches the buck run off. Waits 30 min. Gets down and starts tracking. Finds his arrow. Lots of good sign. Hair, blood, hoof prints, the whole deal. He said it was one of the easiest track jobs he had ever done.

Until! He sees another hunter on his buck... Can You Imagine Finding Another Hunter At the End of Your Blood Trail Tagging YOUR Buck. At first he was a little peaved about this utter theft. He made the other hunter stop what he was doing.

Well, come to find out, first hunter had shot a buck... Second hunter had shot a buck... They start looking around. Pick up the blood trail. And Both bucks had died with in 10 yards of each other. Hunter #2's buck was a little farther a way, had fallen into some tall grass, and to make it sting... Was juuust a little bigger. I think that is pretty funny story.

Comment

Originally posted by SMOOTHboar View Post
                    Here is how two of my buddies met while hunting on pub lands. My pal shoots a very average typical buck. Good hit. Watches the buck run off. Waits 30 min. Gets down and starts tracking. Finds his arrow. Lots of good sign. Hair, blood, hoof prints, the whole deal. He said it was one of the easiest track jobs he had ever done.

Until! He sees another hunter on his buck... Can You Imagine Finding Another Hunter At the End of Your Blood Trail Tagging YOUR Buck. At first he was a little peaved about this utter theft. He made the other hunter stop what he was doing.

Well, come to find out, first hunter had shot a buck... Second hunter had shot a buck... They start looking around. Pick up the blood trail. And Both bucks had died with in 10 yards of each other. Hunter #2's buck was a little farther a way, had fallen into some tall grass, and to make it sting... Was juuust a little bigger. I think that is pretty funny story.
                    That is an awesome story. I've never heard anything like it.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Meat821 View Post
                      That is an awesome story. I've never heard anything like it.

Thanks
                      They is a tbhers too. Marces86 and SloMoe. They just don't post much.

Comment

They is a tbhers too. Marces86 and SloMoe. They just don't post much.
                        I'm new to bow hunting and decided to try because bhers always have better stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Meat821 View Post
                          I'm new to bow hunting and decided to try because bhers always have better stories.
                          Don't you mean BSer's always have better stories

Comment

Don't you mean BSer's always have better stories
                            Them too

Comment

Are you all set up Marshall?

Comment

Saw two very nice big body bucks/horns at the very start of lost river (where you walk in at), bro'in out together right at dark.

So maybe there some hope for 6b folks yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X