No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im not a big fan of Lady Gaga, but we can definetely sing some songs.

Comment

Saw Olen at the gas station on Saturday and asked about tags...he said they've still not rec'd anything from TPWD.

Comment

How do you know when the tags run out do they send out an email?

Comment

Originally posted by jtslush View Post
          Does this look familiar to anyone? Not sure if you're aware, but you set up your tripod 165' away from mine. Talked to Olen, he said you were 280, and he's ok with that, but I looked and our tripods are 165'. PM me if you feel like talking. [ATTACH]387573[/ATTACH]

Did anyone respond to your post?

Not my feeder and don't know who's it is, but not everyone is on the forum. Two guys sitting next to me the day we got the permit said they never heard of the site. So, if you don't get a response, you'll have to talk more with the Ranger.

Comment

Originally posted by Z7buckmaster View Post
            I guarantee you that 90 of the 120 people that got their permits set it up in 6b,
            Yea, the deer there are going to get some pressure for sure. I checked that area out a few times and each visit I had someone all concerned about me moving in there.

I still think it would be a good idea for the HQ to have a stand map. Would not need to provide GPS coordinates of stands, but let folks know what area has the least amount of pressure. And if not a map, just somthing as simple as Area 6b - 45 stands, Area 9e - 45 stands, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
              And if not a map, just somthing as simple as Area 6b - 45 stands, Area 9e - 45 stands, etc.
              great idea.

Comment

4 people total in my area

Comment

Where is the map with the sections located at?

Comment

On lake website

Comment

That PDF is hard to zoom in on. It gets fuzzy.

Comment

Will he tell us if we ask how many hunters are near us?

Comment

Think the main problem is he is just one man.

Gotta hand Olen a lot of credit for doing this, he must get swamped with emails, cords etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Falling View Post
                            Think the main problem is he is just one man.

Gotta hand Olen a lot of credit for doing this, he must get swamped with emails, cords etc.

Correct! That is why I try to contact him the least amount possible. The more work / trouble this becomes for the office. The less likely they will want to (or be able to) continue doing this.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                              Did anyone respond to your post?

Not my feeder and don't know who's it is, but not everyone is on the forum. Two guys sitting next to me the day we got the permit said they never heard of the site. So, if you don't get a response, you'll have to talk more with the Ranger.
                              No contact yet. I will probably run into him sooner or later.

Comment

Originally posted by jmaustin View Post
                                Correct! That is why I try to contact him the least amount possible. The more work / trouble this becomes for the office. The less likely they will want to (or be able to) continue doing this.
                                Ditto this ^^^^ !! The MORE we can do to help make this LESS of a hassle for COE, the longer this gig will run.

Comment

Working...
                                X