Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't wait to see who has pictures of me and the boys on their tc.

Comment

Does this look familiar to anyone? Not sure if you're aware, but you set up your tripod 165' away from mine. Talked to Olen, he said you were 280, and he's ok with that, but I looked and our tripods are 165'. PM me if you feel like talking. Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1346955014321.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	24113386

Comment

Its not me!

Comment

Im confused. If the ranger says their ok with 280' how does that work? How are you getting 165'? Is this number actuall footage and the other gps footage?Thats why i stayed away from hunting at the lake years ago. Always had someone close to me no matter how far i went inn. I guess thats why its called public hunting. There are some nice deer out there though. Good luck to all.

Comment

Actually its supposed to be 300'. I don't know why you'd setup that close to someone even if they say 280' its good enough. You gotta give some fudge room, and walk around and see whats around you. I don't know about the numbers, I just know physically his tripod is less than 200' away. Not a huge deal, I guess, as long as we're not hunting at the same time. If I could get some contact, we could coordinate something. Hell, maybe we could split the corn cost and both hunt off his feeder!

Like you say, it's public hunting. If I could afford to do it another way, I would.

Comment

Gotcha hopefully he will get with ya and y'all can work something out. If you have a rough season and need some meat let me know. You can help me with the doe and spike population at our place. Good luck to ya

Comment

Originally posted by mason bowhunter View Post
                Gotcha hopefully he will get with ya and y'all can work something out. If you have a rough season and need some meat let me know. You can help me with the doe and spike population at our place. Good luck to ya
                Booyah! I'd take you up on that!

Comment

Finally got set up and squared away this morning. Come on Sept. 29!!!!

Comment

Permit # NF 13-13-DB You out there?

Looks like we are set up along the same tree line. More than the minimum 300' apart, but if we aren't careful we will be walking in through each other.

You want to send me a PM? We can figure out how to stay out of each others way.

BTW, you're in a good spot. Last year I killed five deer out of the big live oak that's about 8 yds back and left from your blind.

Comment

Ok I have moved my set... again.

My second set was fine by the ranger. But i could see a feeder while sitting in my stand. So I moved.

I hope this time I am good to go, third set of coordinates I have submitted. I hope that this is it. But I am getting good at hanging my stand.
                      Last edited by SMOOTHboar; 09-09-2012, 05:28 PM.

Comment

what area seems to be the most crowded?

Comment

I'm goin with 9E. Lol

We're jammed in there like a pallet of sardines in the back of a Smart Car.

One cat put a office chair under a tree and called a stand.
                          Last edited by SMOOTHboar; 09-09-2012, 08:19 PM.

Comment

"One cat put a office chair under a tree and called a stand."

lol

Comment

Wow, must be a good area lol

Comment

Originally posted by Scott82m View Post
                                Wow, must be a good area lol
                                I don't know about that. But I'm sure it has something to do with ease of access.

Comment

Working...
                                X