No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could be, I had this one and anothe small four pt coming in that I don't think was legal. I'll try and post a pic from my cam here later

Comment

This is the one I shot on Monday

Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	278.9 KB
ID:	24034726

This is the small one I didn't think was legal

Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	288.5 KB
ID:	24034725

Comment

I'm pretty sure I've seen them both. I think you're right, the forkhorn won't make 13". Congrats again on the wide 5. I would have shot him when I saw him, but he just wouldn't get with the program.

Comment

Are we allowed to hunt through the end of January due to the MLD permits?

Comment

Originally posted by vach03 View Post
            Are we allowed to hunt through the end of January due to the MLD permits?
            Yes. January 31 is the last day.

I'm headed out that way in an hour or so.

Comment

Deer are moving around today. I put two down this morning a doe and spike combo. Will try and post pictures soon but it was an awesome experience. Doe first then 10 min. Later the spike walked out.

Also wanted to say that I took them both to hunters creek processing on 183 and they have what seems to be a pretty awesome shop there. Looking forward to getting the meat back and will follow up and let everyone know my thoughts. From first impressions though it is going to be good.

Their number is 512-778-6008.
              Last edited by jeep8630; 12-10-2011, 01:58 PM. Reason: Sp

Comment

went out sat the 10TH. i sat from 6am to 6pm all day in the blind and didnt see anything, i mean not even a bird getting the corn, no squirrels, no deer, nothing. man it was depressing. im gonna see if i can go back out this week.

Comment

Deer was moving at night last weekend. I was out of my house about 5am for duck hunting. I saw 2 groups of deer, about 7-8 total, besides road. Usually, if I can see deer at that early, I won't be able to see the deer at my feeder. They feed at night.

Comment

Does anybody have a good processor they use near Georgetown?

Comment

vach03 jack's processing in the weir area does a great job,had half summer sausage,and smoked link sausage made,both were awesome.he is located on cr.152

Comment

Originally posted by vach03 View Post
                        Does anybody have a good processor they use near Georgetown?
                        Klein's in Pflugerville. I used them for the first time this year and was very impressed. Best summer sausage I've ever tasted.

Comment

The lake rising yet LOL

Looks like my gamble is not going to pay off. Sorry I caused the drought to last all winter too.

It will fill up Feb 1st as soon as hunting is over...so I can get in and get my stuff.

But thats the great thing about G-town..only wasted $125.

Comment

I've shot 4 deer total this season, 3 doe & 1 spike. These were taken early November and have had no luck since. Went out once last weekend and got picked off by a very large mature doe. She won that time, next time that won't be the case! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                              The lake rising yet LOL

Looks like my gamble is not going to pay off. Sorry I caused the drought to last all winter too.

It will fill up Feb 1st as soon as hunting is over...so I can get in and get my stuff.

But thats the great thing about G-town..only wasted $125.
                              I hear ya. I kept putting off going out and setting up my stand....waiting for rain so I could get the boat in. The lake never came up, and I still haven't set anything up. I knew I should've gone out and found a spot I could walk to. The most irritating thing was when I went out back in November to see just how low the lake was. Some guy came into Russell park behind me, with his boat of course, and drove right around the barricades at the boat ramp and launched his boat, tossed his bow in and went off around the bend to hunt. With that said, who exactly has shut down the lake to boaters, because the people running the gate seem to be letting some people in. At least one guy for sure.

Comment

Just talked to the gate guy at Tejas. He's going to be out of town from 12/29-1/5, so anyone who kills a deer during that time is going to need to go to Russel Park for a tag.

Comment

Working...
                                X