Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck Swampdonkey. Keep us updated.

So far, the deer does not cooperate with me. I cannot hunt weekend last month, but I have more qualified deer shown at my feeder in the weekend. Then, this month, I have less activities under my feeder during weekend. <G>
    I guess the weather and gunshot may be matter. I hunted the first Sat of Nov. The weather was supposedly good. But right at sunrise, a gunshot was in a near range. Then, nothing showed up, I left at 10:30am. So guess what, a doe came in at 12:38pm!
    I guess the rutting is going on. Deer starts to show any time during a day.

Comment

Well... heard 4 gun shots between 5:00 - 5:50pm. Probly not 300 yards away from my stand. Finally had a doe come in after last light. 3 weeks worth of TC pics show bucks coming in between 10pm-5am. Only thing coming in during day light hours are young does and small spike. Looks like bucks have gone nocturnal and I may need to move my setup to get away from muzzle blast.

Comment

Hey Swamp has your brother had any luck. The boys and I hunt 3 times in Oct. We didn't see anything.

After I relized that it was doe and spike only I was thankful that the big buck we saw didn't come in while we were there.

We moved Bryan's and my setup out to 9. I left my son's setup therefor when he gets his grades up and is allowed to hunt again. The camera had a lot of does coming to the block in Oct., so I hope he gets a grip on his grades.

Comment

He has the same problem. Deer not moving till last light.

Comment

What time do you guys set feeder to run off?
            Mine is set at 6am and 4pm. I have less deer show up after dark this year. However, more raccoon was caught at night by camera. Not sure which is matter, raccoon or my setup.

Comment

ill be out Friday morning. hope to fling an arrow!

Comment

Got mine setup for 5:20pm and 6:45am. I can not make it out to my stand any earlier in the evening.

Comment

I forgot to get my Thermacell yesterday, so I hope it is to cold for the mosquitoes tomorrow morning. I had 39 bites from last Saturday evening hunt.

Comment

I thought that with the front coming through later today maybe deer would be moving. Not yet anyway.

Comment

Well after my dumb @as move this morning that spooked deer that came to my hand corn before light. I've had a doe twice and while watching her a buck slipped by me to my right. Not the big one, but he looked legal. People down by river yelling @there dog made doe walked back into brush.

Comment

Wind is blowing pretty hard now. Deer all came from down wind. Will give it awhile then call it a day.

Comment

cant hunt until middle of Dec. and that will be the only time i am able to hunt in Dec. so first thing that steps out is getting an arrow. spike, doe or buck its going down, gotta get my spot for next year!!
                          Last edited by viper3853; 11-29-2011, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Despite the rain and 20 degree temp, I decided to hunt Monday morning. Got into the blind around 6 and had a seven point walk in at 8. Hit em at 35 yards with a grim reaper and he ran off. When I got out of my blind, I couldn't find a single drop of blood (didn't help that it was still raining). Finally found him down 75 yards away. Didn't bleed a drop, but got him through both lungs. Weighed out 100 lbs. dressed and aged at 4 1/2.
                            [ATTACH]291084[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]291085[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]291086[/ATTACH]
                            Last edited by vach03; 12-07-2011, 11:55 AM.

Comment

congrats on the buck and you spot for next year!!

i'll be going out on Sat.

Comment

Originally posted by vach03 View Post
                                Despite the rain and 20 degree temp, I decided to hunt Monday morning. Got into the blind around 6 and had a seven point walk in at 8. Hit em at 35 yards with a grim reaper and he ran off. When I got out of my blind, I couldn't find a single drop of blood (didn't help that it was still raining). Finally found him down 75 yards away. Didn't bleed a drop, but got him through both lungs. Weighed out 100 lbs. dressed and aged at 4 1/2.
                                [ATTACH]291084[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]291085[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]291086[/ATTACH]
                                Congrats! I saw a wide 5 point that looked a lot like him out there last month. He didn't give me a shot, so I killed his buddy. I wonder if it's the same deer.

Comment

Working...
                                X