No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats BigLig! The mature bucks in my neighborhood north of the lake have really been tending and pushing does hard the past four days. Good luck on crossing pats with one out there!

Comment

Congrats Big Lig! Got my first public land deer yesterday, very slow but it seems like they've changed up patterns this past week or so and picked up on the daytime movement. Doe 2 hopefully soon, good luck everyone.

Comment

***!!! This better be a Stealthcam mess up. Just got this photo. Definitely not my location.

Most recent picture:

Typically scenery:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HogStalker View Post
          ***!!! This better be a Stealthcam mess up. Just got this photo. Definitely not my location.

Most recent picture:

Typically scenery:

I just noticed the warmer temperature, different moon phase and camera name, so let’s hope this is a false alarm.

Comment

Need to double check before I report it to GW. Any of you recognize yourself? Click image for larger version

Name:	STC_0011.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	24668942

Comment

Serious question. Why would you report this picture to GW? It is public land hunting. Or, are you on private land next to Lake Georgetown?

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                Serious question. Why would you report this picture to GW? It is public land hunting. Or, are you on private land next to Lake Georgetown?
                Are you seriously wondering about that or are you this guy?

Comment

Following
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by verter View Post
                    Are you seriously wondering about that or are you this guy?
                    No, that is not me. I hunted there about 35 years ago. Before all the drawings took place.

Yes, I am serious about calling the GW. Why ? Did the guy in the picture do something to your set up? Just trying to understand why the call to GW.

oh, the time of your picture I was at LANWR hunting Nilgai. Rough hunt...as always. but rewarding.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                      No, that is not me. I hunted there about 35 years ago. Before all the drawings took place.

Yes, I am serious about calling the GW. Why ? Did the guy in the picture do something to your set up? Just trying to understand why the call to GW.

oh, the time of your picture I was at LANWR hunting Nilgai. Rough hunt...as always. but rewarding.
                      If you hunted here in the past, you should know the rules, but maybe they were different back then.

So, the reason I asked if it's one of us, "legal guys", is because this is not your typical PHL. The only people with any type of a weapon allowed here have to be drawn or be on an exempt list.

This guy is clearly has a long bow with arrows attached to it. If he's a drawn hunter, no problem, even though it's rather unusual to scout with your archery equipment.

Even if you are a legal hunter, stocking is not allowed. I think I have stated enough reasons to be suspicious about this guy. OaO

Comment

and 1 more thing that's a red flag, if you are scouting why would you have a full face mask on?

Comment

Hmmm... OK, please excuse my ignorance of the current rules. With the season open, I didn't realize there was different scouting days. And, as far as the picture of the full mask, you may have a different picture then what is posted. I see a dude with what appears to be a full beard(least what part I can see).

Comment

Originally posted by verter View Post
                            and 1 more thing that's a red flag, if you are scouting why would you have a full face mask on?

Yeah I’m pretty sure that’s a beard. GW had pics of him in the same unit last season. I believe the office confirmed that he was not a drawn hunter. I’d at least send it to jewel.

Comment

Rut is starting

Well it does appear that the rut is on, got this shot last night.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BigLig View Post
                                Finally connected. Doe #1 on Thursday, Doe #2 on Friday. Game On!
                                Congrats! Go get em!!!

I'll eventually work my way there[emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X