No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see 4-5 doe on my camera morning and night… everyday I’m not there… thought it might change with the wind, but still no dice this morning. It’s going to happen soon though, I can feel it.

Comment

Yup. I figure acorns are dropping right now.

Originally posted by HogStalker View Post
      Anybody else’s deer go totally nocturnal on them lately?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Full moon practically too. Feeding all night. Didn’t think of that.

Comment

Have seen some random deer at the feeder on the camera and 1pm now. Am guessing that is just a one off though.

Comment

Let me know how it goes paintman

Comment

Hunter on hunter harassment has officially started. I’ve had all my photos deleted, I’ve walked up on a hunter at 5 am and the only place he could have been heading to was my stand. Once I turned on my flash light they turned and ran the other direction back to their stand. I’ve found cross bow bolts 50 yards from my feeder two weeks into the season and to top it off they have changed my feeder time so that the deer will pass by and go to their feeder. I’ve added multiple cameras and called the game warden. I hate to be that guy but this is getting old. I know you read this thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jpeterson0417 View Post
                Hunter on hunter harassment has officially started. I’ve had all my photos deleted, I’ve walked up on a hunter at 5 am and the only place he could have been heading to was my stand. Once I turned on my flash light they turned and ran the other direction back to their stand. I’ve found cross bow bolts 50 yards from my feeder two weeks into the season and to top it off they have changed my feeder time so that the deer will pass by and go to their feeder. I’ve added multiple cameras and called the game warden. I hate to be that guy but this is getting old. I know you read this thread

That’s pathetic! Hopefully you get pictures and the game warden does something about it. This is the first year my stuff has been tampered with and it’s infuriating. Good luck man!

Comment

Here’s the latest vandalism at my spot. Someone knocked the motor off my feeder dumping out all my corn and then deleted all the pictures off my camera. Really kicking myself for not hanging another camera after the first few acts of vandalism. This is absurd.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf View Post

Here’s the latest vandalism at my spot. Someone knocked the motor off my feeder dumping out all my corn and then deleted all the pictures off my camera. Really kicking myself for not hanging another camera after the first few acts of vandalism. This is absurd.

[emoji2357]false alarm. Upon closer inspection it seems raccoons are to blame. I think yesterday’s rain interfered with camera operation.

Comment

Glad I'm too old to deal with that **** out there. I killed a couple of 8 pts out there 15-20 years ago and I walked in 2 miles from closest entry point. Never saw a lot of people. Had popup and tripod feeder and camera set up and never had any vandalism. Just the way the world is going, no respect.

Comment

Same here, I hunted there 10-15 years ago. My setup was about 2 miles from the entry. No one bothered me, except occasionally a bird hunter might visit my spot. But, he quickly turned around and left after he realized there was a feeder. The coons were the major headache. They cleaned my 200lb feeder within one night few times. I tried several solutions. Finally, I had to enclosed the whole dispenser by wire mesh. It is the one option worked for me.

Comment

Finally connected. Doe #1 on Thursday, Doe #2 on Friday. Game On!

Comment

Was wondering when you’d chime in.
                            Congrats and timing couldn’t be better. Get sum!!

Comment

Thanks, brother. To be honest, it's been pretty slow until now, just gotta stay positive and be persistent. I bet this next week is going to be money though.

Originally posted by Maui-diver View Post
                              Was wondering when you’d chime in.
                              Congrats and timing couldn’t be better. Get sum!!

Comment

It’s in the air!! Shoot em straight

Comment

Working...
                                X