Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deaf View Post
    Congrats and good luck! That summer scouting is no joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you sir! Seriously is and I would guess not very accurate in terms of deer bedding and movement, would expect that to change by opening day and into winter. Really interested in the process of picking a spot and the dos and don'ts. Anyone ever meet up for some brews before season open? Would really enjoy picking some of y'alls brains!

Comment

^Exempt^

Who’s in for 2021-2022 sound off!

Comment

Congrats to those that got a spot.

Couple of questions...what are the details on the proficiency test? How far out do you shoot from and do you shoot broadheads or field points? I saw an old post where you can take the test at Double G Archery so I'm assuming that's where we'll need to go.

Also, do they provide some sort of map? How are we supposed to figure out where we can access the property to go scout? Thanks!

Comment

Well, good luck to those that drew a tag. Maybe next year.

Comment

Originally posted by HogStalker View Post
            ^Exempt^

Who’s in for 2021-2022 sound off!

Exempt here! Stoked!

Comment

Originally posted by DXTrey View Post

Couple of questions...what are the details on the proficiency test? How far out do you shoot from and do you shoot broadheads or field points? I saw an old post where you can take the test at Double G Archery so I'm assuming that's where we'll need to go.

Also, do they provide some sort of map? How are we supposed to figure out where we can access the property to go scout? Thanks!

It’s indoors on 3D targets. Max is maybe 25 yards. Field points. Area map will be provided, but if you are new, I’d definitely attend the orientation. No setups can occur until you have your permit in hand.

Comment

Originally posted by DXTrey View Post

You can take it at double g or archery country.

Comment

I got my email today! Looking forward to meeting some of you fellas at orientation.

Comment

Not in this year. When is the orientation for back up chances. If I dont make it as a back up I will help any newbies with my area off 3406

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
                      Not in this year. When is the orientation for back up chances. If I dont make it as a back up I will help any newbies with my area off 3406
                      Not 100% sure but says the deadline for permits is 9/10 and after that it will be forfeited to stand by apps. Did you mean 3405 by chance? Scouted that area this weekend, will definitely take you up on that and buy you a beer if so!

Comment

No problem. I will let u know my experience off 3405. Been hunting there over 16 years. Been every year except maybe 2 or 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
                          No problem. I will let u know my experience off 3405. Been hunting there over 16 years. Been every year except maybe 2 or 3 years.
                          Dang now that's some work, an ounce of that knowledge is worth more than gold!

Comment

in the email it says one stand per hunter, I really hope it's a typo. otherwise, it would suck big time.

Comment

Well one of the lucky ones this year, first time drawn. Excited for the work and adventure ahead. Look forward to meeting some of you on the 20th.

Comment

Originally posted by verter View Post
                                in the email it says one stand per hunter, I really hope it's a typo. otherwise, it would suck big time.

It is absolutely one stand per hunter. Their are allot of hunters and not much area.

Comment

Working...
                                X