No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evening hunt. Scared one dear as I was walking in at about 330.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by topduarte; 01-27-2021, 09:34 PM.

Comment

If anyone finds a dead buck in 8a/8b let me know. I must have gotten a one-lung hit on one yesterday morning, trailed him for over 400 yards before I had to go to work. Got a full pass-through, he was bleeding pretty good. I can't believe he went that far.

I went back last night with my dog and couldn't turn him up. I'm going to try to jet out this afternoon and check one more area. I was going to go back out this weekend to recover what I can but don't want to screw up anyone hunting.

Just before I shot him

Full Pass-through

Had good blood
      Last edited by BigLig; 01-28-2021, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigLig View Post
        If anyone finds a dead buck in 8a/8b let me know. I must have gotten a one-lung hit on one yesterday morning, trailed him for over 400 yards before I had to go to work. Got a full pass-through, he was bleeding pretty good. I can't believe he went that far.

I went back last night with my dog and couldn't turn him up. I'm going to try to jet out this afternoon and check one more area. I was going to go back out this weekend to recover what I can but don't want to screw up anyone hunting.

Just before I shot him

Full Pass-through

Had good blood

How are you able to shoot a second buck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HogStalker View Post
          How are you able to shoot a second buck?

Are we allotted only one per?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf View Post
            Are we allotted only one per?

Absolutely! One spike and one branched.

Comment

In years past, the lake gets so many buck and doe tags as long as they have tags you can shoot deer. I saw a guy shoot 6 bucks one year. That was before you had to shoot two does first.

Comment

Originally posted by doeboy11 View Post
                In years past, the lake gets so many buck and doe tags as long as they have tags you can shoot deer. I saw a guy shoot 6 bucks one year. That was before you had to shoot two does first.

That’s not the way it is now. Does are as many as there are tags. Bucks are not. I even asked if I take another two mature does first and they still said no.

Comment

That’s not the way it is now. Does are as many as there are tags. Bucks are not. I even asked if I take another two mature does first and they still said no.

With that said I don’t see anywhere in the documentation stating that.

Comment

I emailed the office for clarification. I didn't read in the docs there was a limit on bucks (not that you want to slaughter everything). It was my understanding that there were a certain number of buck tags that were available and until those tags are filled you can take bucks.

When I checked in my deer the guy told me they were WAY under the target harvest number and encouraged me to keep hunting. I mean they were less than 1/2 of what they needed to get to.

Comment

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Originally posted by BigLig View Post
                      I emailed the office for clarification. I didn't read in the docs there was a limit on bucks (not that you want to slaughter everything). It was my understanding that there were a certain number of buck tags that were available and until those tags are filled you can take bucks.

When I checked in my deer the guy told me they were WAY under the target harvest number and encouraged me to keep hunting. I mean they were less than 1/2 of what they needed to get to.

Yeah it’s very confusing. I’m just used to one buck like at other drawn hunts (Granger, etc.) I was done Nov. 17 and asked then. They said no, but I could take as many doe as I wanted. If it’s not documented then I guess it’s not technically enforceable.

Comment

Hunting now extended again till Feb 20th.

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
                          Hunting now extended again till Feb 20th.
                          Hooray! Hopefully bucks are still holding their antlers by then.

Comment

Yeah it’s very confusing. I’m just used to one buck like at other drawn hunts (Granger, etc.) I was done Nov. 17 and asked then. They said no, but I could take as many doe as I wanted. If it’s not documented then I guess it’s not technically enforceable.

Better setup that blind and take another bruiser! Seems like its your duty at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf View Post
                              Better setup that blind and take another bruiser! Seems like its your duty at this point.

I was told no, so I’m not shooting another.

Comment

Here is an email from Jewel that she sent out on 09/25. 1 buck and 1 spike according to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X