No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out now but some **** paraglider buzzing over me. Crap.

Deer are coming according to game came but not sure now because of those idiots 150' above me.

Just changed time in my camera.
    Attached Files

Comment

I was out hunting and those MFs flew over my spot too. No deer in sight and I think warm weather is the main reason.

Comment

I got buzzed by those jokers too. Seen em a couple times now. Seems everything is nocturnal at my spot now. Pretty frustrating

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Comment

I did it again. Went hog hunting last night till 2:30am. Missed my target 10 again. [emoji22]

Comment

Originally posted by verter View Post
            Poor animal, her wound looks pretty bad. Whoever shot at her, obviously hit a big bone.

[IMG][/IMG]

Your photo isn’t loading.

Comment

Originally posted by HogStalker View Post
              I did it again. Went hog hunting last night till 2:30am. Missed my target 10 again. [emoji22]

We can hunt the hogs at night?!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DeerGhostSpeaks View Post
                We can hunt the hogs at night?!?!?

No, I was thermal hunting with a buddy on his properties near Temple. Never made it to my blind this evening.

Comment

Those guys fly almost every evening on weekends and sometimes during the week. Seems about an hour before dark. Probably take a buzz after work. The deer don’t care

Comment

Got that Golden Ticket

You know what time it is....Buck 30!

Comment

Originally posted by BigLig View Post
                      You know what time it is....Buck 30!

Congratulations. Looks like a double from the photo. What’s the story?

Comment

No, I was thermal hunting with a buddy on his properties near Temple. Never made it to my blind this evening.

****, i got this hogzilla coming in solo and about 10-15 coming in at a different time

Comment

Originally posted by DeerGhostSpeaks View Post

****, i got this hogzilla coming in solo and about 10-15 coming in at a different time

Get that bacon! I have seen 0 hogs at my spot.

Comment

Story Time!

Weekends have been tough because I manage my son's select baseball team. We lost a frustrating game in San Marcos early Saturday morning (8:00 am) which eliminated us from the tournament so I decided to sit the afternoon. It would give me time to distress and think about the practice at the very least.

4:00 pm a doe (on the left) and nubbin buck come in. I couldn't decide if she was quite 2 1/2 so I held off on shooting, then I looked to my left and see grandmamma doe (on the right) coming in. Shot her and she crashed 20 yards in the trees to my left.

4:15 pm the doe and nubbin buck come back to the feeder. I still can't decide if I should shot or not so I give her the pass again. I didn't feel like carrying out two deer if I wasn't sure they would both count.

5:10 pm she comes back in. I'm taking pictures and watching. Had time to read the QDMA site about what a mature doe should look like and after like 10 minutes decided to go ahead and let one fly. She crashes 20 yards to my right.

I sit until the end of legal shooting light trying to decide if I should get down and check in the two doe to confirm age or see if I could get a buck too. Luckily no buck came in because it would have put me in a pickle.

The larger doe came back at 4 1/2 and 60 lbs, the smaller doe came back at 2 1/2 and 48 lbs.

My assistant coach shared with me that morning a motto that his grandfather shared with him. It absolutely came into play today.

1. Believe in God
                            2. Believe in Yourself
                            3. Truth and Honor
                            4. DON'T QUIT

Congratulations. Looks like a double from the photo. What’s the story?

Comment

Originally posted by verter View Post
                              It was nice meeting you, I think you figured it out, but for others, you drill a hole all the way through a block and thread a wire or rope through a hole and hang it on a tree branch.

I got a spike that evening btw.
                              Are spikes cool to shoot before the does?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Comment

Spikes are cool

Comment

Working...
                                X