No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both mornings I had deer at the feeder, but no shots. This morning was crazy, I had 4 big doe riding solo come in at 0700 and was still to dark and they hung out for 20 minutes and I was about to sling my arrow and boom!!!! Dang feeder went off and freaked them all out. Lol. A good thing is I know I’m on the doe was going to go tonight but it’s just too hot!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HogStalker View Post
      Doe down last night, unfortunately she was only 1.5. 65# Oh well will be back at it soon. Meat in the freezer.
      Nice! Congratulations, must have been exciting

Comment

Well today was little buck day. These guys hung out 10 yards from me for over 2 hours and ate every piece of dang corn there. Also had what I thought was a spike but turned out he had one of his antlers broke off, almost got excited. 3 sits in 3 days. I’ll get it done soon. And congrats hogstalker in your doe. Get em!!
        Attached Files

Comment

Doing the right thing isn't always pretty

Shot this doe on Saturday. She was too young to count but if you look at the video, you can see she had a really nasty injury and infection to her jaw. Decided the right thing would be to put her down. Sometimes doing the right thing isn't pretty.

Shot around 3:50

Last edited by BigLig; 10-05-2020, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigLig View Post
            Shot this doe on Saturday. She was too young to count but if you look at the video, you can see she had a really nasty injury and infection to her jaw. Decided the right thing would be to put her down. Sometimes doing the right thing isn't pretty.

Shot around 3:50

Did you find her?

Comment

If the name Wali means anything to you please pm me. I have some info you may be interested in knowing.

Comment

Originally posted by SGTdebo305 View Post
                Did you find her?
                Oh yeah I found her. You can see her jaw was pretty jacked.

Comment

Doe down...and definitely of age. Gotta get r out now. Let the fun begin

Comment

Originally posted by Maui-diver View Post
                    Doe down...and definitely of age. Gotta get r out now. Let the fun begin

Congrats. [emoji322]

Comment

She was only #70 lbs and 21/2 so I’m good. I’m getting old because I could have sworn she felt over 100lbs LOL

Comment

Frustrating day yesterday. I didn’t get much time in advance to scout the areas I looked at on maps because of my work schedule. I was able to get down yesterday and put some work in, but everyone has their setups. Access appears limited to some of the areas I was interested in, spent a couple hours midday driving around the lake and neighborhoods finding what was what. Saw at least 4 of you guys in the lot and didn’t even bother stopping.
                        I don’t intend on ruining anyone’s hunt or set, but I’m a little behind and have only Saturday’s to hunt. I’ll do my best to stay out of your all’s areas.
                        Last edited by NxSTexan; 10-11-2020, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Maui-diver View Post
                          She was only #70 lbs and 21/2 so I’m good. I’m getting old because I could have sworn she felt over 100lbs LOL
                          Good job, congrats!

Comment

Anyone notice a shift in deer activity? Everything has gone nocturnal on me. I need to figure out how to raise my feed block remotely one hour after sunset and lower it one hour before sunrise. Lol. They’re eating one a week. Killing me.

Comment

I am not hunting. Not drawn. Saw this headed to go fishing. DB Woods and Cedar Breaks entry road. Decent rack but body was big! Looked fresh so not a lot of swelling. Did not look up close but could see no wounds. about 9:30 Sunday and lot of traffic. Turned around due to the number of folks going to the park. Have fun you folks who were drawn.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by HogStalker View Post
                                Anyone notice a shift in deer activity? Everything has gone nocturnal on me. I need to figure out how to raise my feed block remotely one hour after sunset and lower it one hour before sunrise. Lol. They’re eating one a week. Killing me.
                                Dude... I set out a block the other night and found it gone the next day. Looked at the trail cam and saw hogs eat the whole thing in under 2 hours. And yes, the only deer I'm seeing is a small 6 point who cruises by around 430 am. Pretty frustrating.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X