No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw some great bucks out here 2 years ago on e-postcard draw. But, I needed to tag a doe first. Still had a great time out there.

Comment

Hello, boys!
      Don't forget to come back in October

Comment

Bigger one has no brow tines. He is spreading his bad genes every year. Definitely on the kill list.

Comment

Went out to set up ground blind. Game camera crspped out but there were deer droppings and tracks all around my feeder.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BlazeofCory View Post
            I saw some great bucks out here 2 years ago on e-postcard draw. But, I needed to tag a doe first. Still had a great time out there.
            Lake Georgetown doesn't do e-postcard hunts. Are you sure you aren't confusing this with Granger Lake?

Comment

Finally got out to get my tags yesterday, office said there was quite a few applicants that had yet to pick them up. 30ish, i wonder how many made it by the cut off today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pulled the camera today. Have a group of does showing up pretty consistently every morning as well as a bachelor group but they are all young. Not a single buck in the group meets the 13' threshold.

Comment

Dumb question, opening day is the 28th or oct 3rd? I want to say I remember reading something about the 28th? Y’all ready?

Comment

Originally posted by Maui-diver View Post
                    Dumb question, opening day is the 28th or oct 3rd? I want to say I remember reading something about the 28th? Y’all ready?

Think that was a typo. Oct 3rd.

Comment

Yeah, kinda don’t want to screw that one up. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by TXBowhunter2009 View Post
                        Lake Georgetown doesn't do e-postcard hunts. Are you sure you aren't confusing this with Granger Lake?

Yep. Granger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

When does the office usually send out information about buck tags? Same question about a calendar for deer check-ins.

Comment

Originally posted by verter View Post
                            When does the office usually send out information about buck tags? Same question about a calendar for deer check-ins.

The checkin calendar was included in the Orientation PDF on page 18

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo10 View Post
                              The checkin calendar was included in the Orientation PDF on page 18
                              Wasn't it an example from 3 years ago?

Comment

Just took this pic. I’m sure these guys are on the Corps land. My kid wants to shoot him but I like watching him and he eats tortillas when I’m outside grilling and throwing them to him. I’d like to see him in 2 more years but sold the house and moving on
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X