Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TXJon View Post
    Rule about trimming has always been that you can cut cedar up to 3" in diameter, but they don't want you cutting anything else.

NO screw in steps, bow hooks, or anything else that penetrates the bark of the tree.

That said, they probably won't throw you out for trimming a few pencil sized twigs from your shooting lane.
    OH! Thanks for letting me know on the screw in steps and bow hook. I have to come up with something different.

Comment

Everybody ready for the meeting tomorrow.

Comment

I'm in group A. So I won't get to hunt opening weekend because group A is Mon.-Thur in Oct.

Comment

save some buck tags for us group A people!!

Comment

Originally posted by viper3853 View Post
            save some buck tags for us group A people!!
            Thats for sure.

Comment

ya, its defntly gonna be a big let down when group B shoots all the tags out for bucks. I guess that ill have a sick day for work Oct 3rd. I got all set-up and hoping to get an arrow n something for some meat.

Comment

I work graveyard shift Sun-Thur so I was hoping to go on Fridays but that wont work being in group A.

Comment

They did not say anything about tagging feeders or arrows at the orientation. Can anyone tell me what the rules are concerning feeder, ladder stand, arrows, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by swampdonkey View Post
                    They did not say anything about tagging feeders or arrows at the orientation. Can anyone tell me what the rules are concerning feeder, ladder stand, arrows, etc...
                    In the past we put Name and permit number on feeder and stand.

I did the same this year but you must also send in GPS coords of your stand.

Does anyone have the e-mail address where we send the coordinates?
                    Last edited by RiverRat1; 08-22-2011, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Well Saturday was bittersweet. Brandon and I made it to the afternoon meeting, but his stepbrother Bryan was 7minute late and they locked him out. He is still in the probationary period at his job and they start working 6days a week 10hrs a day as of today. He waited until the meeting was over, and they were thru with everyone so he could talked to the rangers. They told him he needed to be on time and could come back next Sat. He explained his work issue and they said sorry.

Wow I feel lucky they let me go get money orders as I had brought cash and let one guy run go buy his license.

I had to hold my tongue when he said that there was no excuse for being late, because I wanted to shake the hand of a perfect person.

Lets see how he would handle being 19years old and find out that his brain cancer had come back. That not only would he have to have another surgery, but do to the location there was no way to remove it all. Then wait on the biopsy to come back and find out that it is terminal with 2-5yrs time frame. Then add on 12 months of chemo that was so back that it would cause him to have to go to the ER for fluids.

He is doing remarkable, and the last MRI came back clear, but it is not if but when it will come back.

I am very proud of how he his handled everything, I'm not sure I could. Some thing are a little harder to do than others. He wants to do anything himself and he does.

This isn't the end of the world for him, but It sure p***ed me off.

Sorry for the rant and please keep the negative to yourself.

On a positive note I told him there is always hogs at Granger.

rl

Comment

Originally posted by 05 gray ghost View Post
                        Well Saturday was bittersweet. Brandon and I made it to the afternoon meeting, but his stepbrother Bryan was 7minute late and they locked him out. He is still in the probationary period at his job and they start working 6days a week 10hrs a day as of today. He waited until the meeting was over, and they were thru with everyone so he could talked to the rangers. They told him he needed to be on time and could come back next Sat. He explained his work issue and they said sorry.

Wow I feel lucky they let me go get money orders as I had brought cash and let one guy run go buy his license.

I had to hold my tongue when he said that there was no excuse for being late, because I wanted to shake the hand of a perfect person.

Lets see how he would handle being 19years old and find out that his brain cancer had come back. That not only would he have to have another surgery, but do to the location there was no way to remove it all. Then wait on the biopsy to come back and find out that it is terminal with 2-5yrs time frame. Then add on 12 months of chemo that was so back that it would cause him to have to go to the ER for fluids.

He is doing remarkable, and the last MRI came back clear, but it is not if but when it will come back.

I am very proud of how he his handled everything, I'm not sure I could. Some thing are a little harder to do than others. He wants to do anything himself and he does.

This isn't the end of the world for him, but It sure p***ed me off.

Sorry for the rant and please keep the negative to yourself.

On a positive note I told him there is always hogs at Granger.

rl
                        They're doing a makeup meeting this Saturday at 9:30am. I just got an email about it from Olen.

Comment

Originally posted by swampdonkey View Post
                          As riverrat said, they told us at the second session to put name on the stand and feeder, no need to put any personal info. as far as the arrows, Olen said no markings were required. I think the GPS would take care of everything.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                            In the past we put Name and permit number on feeder and stand.

I did the same this year but you must also send in GPS coords of your stand.

Does anyone have the e-mail address where we send the coordinates?
                            olen.r.burditt@usace.army.mil

Comment

Originally posted by TXBowhunter2009 View Post
                              They're doing a makeup meeting this Saturday at 9:30am. I just got an email about it from Olen.
                              He explained that he was starting working 10hr days Mon - Sat. so he wouldn't be able to make it..

thanks

rl

Comment

any one been out and seen anything on your setups?

Comment

Working...
                                X