Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeerGhostSpeaks View Post
    I ended up getting tboned in Killeen before I left, tore up the driver side of my Jeep so I had to stay home. Gonna borrow my gf’s car and try in the morning, got kinda down after seeing my Jeep messed up I just fixed it up earlier this summer. If I take a doe tomorrow I’ll have to strap it to the roof of a VW Jetta lol.
    Dang man I'm sorry to here that. Wish you could have made it out tonigh. Do you live in Killeen?

Comment

Had 3 young girls read my "Hunting in progress when sign present" sign aloud... then proceed to walk up to my blind at 8:30 this am. Squealing about spider's webs the whole way in.

Some days public land hunting can be frustrating.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by howabouttheiris View Post
        Had 3 young girls read my "Hunting in progress when sign present" sign aloud... then proceed to walk up to my blind at 8:30 this am. Squealing about spider's webs the whole way in.

Some days public land hunting can be frustrating.

That's ****ty, how close are you to the trail?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by stringstalker84 View Post
          That's ****ty, how close are you to the trail?

I'm just the minimum 100 yds off and, to make it worse, it is at a point where people tend to wander off the trailhead.... thus the sign.

It is not uncommon for me to hear folks reading it aloud and most wander off. Occasionally they wander in out of curiosity and sometimes after they mutter "you don't own the park"

I try not to hunt weekends to try to avoid issues.

Comment

Originally posted by howabouttheiris View Post
            I'm just the minimum 100 yds off and, to make it worse, it is at a point where people tend to wander off the trailhead.... thus the sign.

It is not uncommon for me to hear folks reading it aloud and most wander off. Occasionally they wander in out of curiosity and sometimes after they mutter "you don't own the park"

I try not to hunt weekends to try to avoid issues.

Yeah that sucks, I'm close to the trail as well but in a place where I'm a little hidden.

I thought about a sign like that but don't want to advertise my spot.

Comment

Originally posted by stringstalker84 View Post
              Yeah that sucks, I'm close to the trail as well but in a place where I'm a little hidden.

I thought about a sign like that but don't want to advertise my spot.

The sign has produced a 100% reduction in scout troops on my game camera.... somewhat less effective on mountain bikers and teenage girls.

Comment

Anyone out this morning? I have no day light pics of deer. I'm gonna fill up my scrape bottles this morning when I leave. Hopefully the cold front this week will get them moving and interested.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PROD49 View Post
                  Anyone out this morning? I have no day light pics of deer. I'm gonna fill up my scrape bottles this morning when I leave. Hopefully the cold front this week will get them moving and interested.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
                  Stuck at work[emoji24]

Would love to be out tomorrow and Wednesday, but gotta pay the bills...

Comment

I'll hopefully be out tomorrow morning if I get sleep after work.

Comment

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Originally posted by Jimbousmc View Post
                      Dang man I'm sorry to here that. Wish you could have made it out tonigh. Do you live in Killeen?

Yeah for the time being, was working in gtown for about 5yrs, got laid off in August moved in with some family in Killeen now I’m working in Austin tryin to get back on my feet.

Comment

Hoping the cooler weather will get them up and looking for some chow tomorrow AM.

Comment

Im taking Wednesday off work. I will be there Wednesday morning.

Comment

Good luck top and dope

Comment

Well I knew I should have slept in from the strong front blowing in but gave it a shot anyway. Was nice and cool, and had my regular herd come in but they couldn't relax. Wind was howling they were hungry and almost got to feeder but they knew something was up. They just walked away at about 7:30 and I took off just as wind was laying down at 9:45. Gotta go get some stuff done and giving it a try again. 57 now and beautiful. Anyone else Brave the winds? Lol

Comment

**** Maui you need to setup a ladderstand in your little honeyhole. Get your scent up above them.

Comment

Working...
                                X