Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrwest66 View Post
    When walking around tejas yesterday I walk about 2.5-3mi. before I got to a steady stream of water.
    It's pretty low. Just around the corner from Russell park, towards the river its only 4' deep in the middle of lake.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBowhunter2009 View Post
      I wish they'd shut down the trails for hikers/joggers during hunting season. A couple of years ago I had a group of 4 joggers run down a trail near my stand singing and yelling. After they ran back and forth over the course of a few hours, I just went home. Definitely a wasted trip.
      I had a group of scouts, maybe 10 or so, walk down the trail and stop to take a break maybe 35 yards from me. I just sat there thinking..of all this land they stop right there LOL...They left after 10-15 minutes which felt like forever. They never even knew I was there.

Comment

You should've seen the looks I got last year with a deer strapped down to the front of my boat.
        If the launch is open, maybe we can boat pool LOL.. Not sure where I will hunt this year yet. I prefer using the boat to get away from people.

Comment

I wish they'd shut down the trails for hikers/joggers during hunting season. A couple of years ago I had a group of 4 joggers run down a trail near my stand singing and yelling. After they ran back and forth over the course of a few hours, I just went home. Definitely a wasted trip.
          You would think they would just for liability reasons. But I guess it wouldn't matter when there are gun stands within 200yds of the trail

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
            If the launch is open, maybe we can boat pool LOL.. Not sure where I will hunt this year yet. I prefer using the boat to get away from people.
            Not sure where I'm gonna hunt yet either, but if were in the same general area I'd be fine with that. If we don't get some rain soon they may end up closing the ramps. I had my Kenner on the lake the other day......hit a stump in the middle of the lake around the corner from Russell park. Good thing I was barely moving! There's some big ones starting to pop up that used to be 20' below the surface.

Comment

As far as the "hikers " go......interfearing with hunters is illegal. i got one word for them....APE (anti Peta Enforcement). i havent called them yet, i just deal with them by myself.

Comment

cant wait for the "meetn" on the 20th to get all this underway. i hope the lack of rain hasnt hurt the hurd to bad.

Comment

Originally posted by offroadodge View Post
                  i hope the lack of rain hasnt hurt the hurd to bad.
                  It probably has or will before long. A lot of the deer out there in the past were small and thin, probably due to the high numbers of deer. I imagine there will be some loss due to the drought.

Comment

the deer looked pretty good to me i saw a bunch of does that i wouldnt think twice about putting an arrow through.

Comment

x2

Comment

How is it during dove season? Noticed alot of shells on the ground while I was out walking around...

Comment

gonna do some scouting today.

Comment

Setting UP

Anybody going to start setting up after the meeting Saturday? I have the second meeting and its suppose to be 104 I may wait til some morning to set up. Are you allow to do any trimming on trees for shooting lanes?

Comment

Rule about trimming has always been that you can cut cedar up to 3" in diameter, but they don't want you cutting anything else.

NO screw in steps, bow hooks, or anything else that penetrates the bark of the tree.

That said, they probably won't throw you out for trimming a few pencil sized twigs from your shooting lane.

Comment

im gonna brave the heat and set up after the meeting. ill be taking lots of water!!

Comment

Working...
                                X