No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One more question from curiosity, has anyone ever been robbed or heard stories of anyone being held up out at the lake? A friend of mines husband was robbed on public land in east Texas, they took his $800 bow. CHL aside, any war stories like that in central Texas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DeerGhostSpeaks View Post
      One more question from curiosity, has anyone ever been robbed or heard stories of anyone being held up out at the lake? A friend of mines husband was robbed on public land in east Texas, they took his $800 bow. CHL aside, any war stories like that in central Texas?
      I have heard of some missing cameras, damaged blinds/feeders, but no actual armed robbery that I know of. Maybe 1-2 incidents per season out of 100 hunters.

Last year (maybe 2 years ago), I had a ME::"hunting in progress, please return to the trail" vs HIM::"screw you I can go anywhere I want, you don't own the woods" conversation with a guy that ended up with me exiting the blind and confronting an armed dove hunter. It never escalated further. He was dove hunting under the feeders of deer hunters and I really needed him to know I was in a ground blind nearby.

On the topic of CHL.... Army Corps land is federal, so the normal rules concerning open carry when hunting and concealed carry with license do NOT apply.

Comment

Originally posted by DeerGhostSpeaks View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I had a camera stolen last year. I've been in a few disagreements with hikers/bikers about hunting at the lake but never any major issues.

You are not allowed to have any firearms while on lake property.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

A little off topic but I'm in the market for a lot purchase to build a home around lake gtown...I would like at least 2 acres.
          We've looked at a couple off 29 but was seeing if you guys that live around there have seen or know of any..
          Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Comment

Checked on my site last night.

Creeks were quiet, ground was dry, and everything was still standing. Looks like the animals may have laid up for a few days according to the camera, but other than that, everything is in order.

Comment

This is good news

Comment

Originally posted by howabouttheiris View Post
                Checked on my site last night.

Creeks were quiet, ground was dry, and everything was still standing. Looks like the animals may have laid up for a few days according to the camera, but other than that, everything is in order.
                Good deal... I'm heading out this weekend to check on mine

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post
                  A little off topic but I'm in the market for a lot purchase to build a home around lake gtown...I would like at least 2 acres.
                  We've looked at a couple off 29 but was seeing if you guys that live around there have seen or know of any..
                  Thanks

We are in the process of closing a small 1.63ac tract just south of the lake so I'll be putting in the draw again in coming years...

Comment

Just a hair over 3 weeks boys and girls. What is everyone seeing on camera?

Comment

Originally posted by stringstalker84 View Post
                      Just a hair over 3 weeks boys and girls. What is everyone seeing on camera?

dont have any cameras out, but ive come across 2does and a fawn while scouting. they saw me comin from far off but was nice to just hear the leaves crunching as they booked it.

sad to say i just found out the other day im gonna be out of town until Oct 18th so i'll miss the opening of the season, yall do me a favor and leave some action for me ok lol

Comment

Checked camera today....Same as last year with my "Golden Ticket" ready for a blessing. I never have bucks on camera until end of season. Pretty quiet with a couple small groups frequenting. That's all I ask for. Good luck to you all.

And yes, I will be taking gravity feeder next time I get out there. Was an emergency feeder when somebody stole mine previously. Only filled it once then hung a bucket feeder a TBH member gave me. I'm not double feeding
                        Attached Files

Comment

Going back Saturday morning to finish up blind

Comment

My battery died in feeder so not much action but set up blinds.

BTW neighbor from across 3405 lost his black sheep. I met Mr. Pierce last year. Very nice guy but sad about his lost black sheep. He contacted Brad this week. If anyone sees this sheep on their cameras please call Mr Pierce at 512 656 1318.

I set up my blinds today.

Comment

Pics
                              Attached Files

Comment

More

Comment

Working...
                                X