No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The hikers oughta love me coming down the trail with a deer strapped to a cart.

Comment

Originally posted by jrwest66 View Post
      Then you have to take it to one of the campgrounds and string it up to get it weighed. My last one was on a scout campout weekend, and I was really surprised at the number of nasty looks and mumbled comments I got.

Nobody has ever said anything directly to me, though. Might look a little intimidating, all bloody with proof that you are a cold blooded killer strapped to that cart.

Comment

Thought the scouts would've at least been excited for you....

Comment

I wish they'd shut down the trails for hikers/joggers during hunting season. A couple of years ago I had a group of 4 joggers run down a trail near my stand singing and yelling. After they ran back and forth over the course of a few hours, I just went home. Definitely a wasted trip.

Comment

Anybody planning on going in by boat this year? I used my boat last year, and did pretty good. I've been thinking about it this year, but with the lake being so low it might be more trouble than its worth.

Comment

Originally posted by vach03 View Post
              You'd think they'd have a badge or something for hunting....probably not though with all the anti-hunters now days.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBowhunter2009 View Post
                I wish they'd shut down the trails for hikers/joggers during hunting season. A couple of years ago I had a group of 4 joggers run down a trail near my stand singing and yelling. After they ran back and forth over the course of a few hours, I just went home. Definitely a wasted trip.
                I had 2 guys walk within 30 yards of my stand last year. They were yelling, "don't shoot, don't shoot, I am not a deer!" I was pretty hot that I was setting for nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by jrwest66 View Post
                  You should've seen the looks I got last year with a deer strapped down to the front of my boat.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckrunner View Post
                    I had 2 guys walk within 30 yards of my stand last year. They were yelling, "don't shoot, don't shoot, I am not a deer!" I was pretty hot that I was setting for nothing.
                    Idiots. More the reason to close the trails. At least during the week....something.

Comment

Originally posted by vach03 View Post
                      One kid came by to look, he was fine. A few parents hustled their kids away so they wouldn't have to see the deer, and one tight shorts bike guy criticized my shot placement. A nice quartering away double lung shot from 20' up, too.

Comment

Originally posted by TXJon View Post
                        One kid came by to look, he was fine. A few parents hustled their kids away so they wouldn't have to see the deer, and one tight shorts bike guy criticized my shot placement. A nice quartering away double lung shot from 20' up, too.
                        That is funny! You sure it was not Snipehunter mad about you using a Rage?

Comment

Uh oh.....somebody said the R word!

Comment

I was hating on the Rage heads while he :

was still a big cheerleader for them.

Comment

When walking around tejas yesterday I walk about 2.5-3mi. before I got to a steady stream of water.

Comment

I work grave yard shift so I'm hoping to hunt several fridays when I'm off

Comment

Working...
                                X