No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had my gear in the truck since the drawing. Soon as the email hit I clocked out!

Comment

Got dark on me, but got feeder and trail cam setup. Good luck to everyone!

Comment

So we can set up before orientation? I thought we had to wait until after.

I gotta pull bow out and start practicing this week for my test at Archery Country.

Comment

You can place blind and feeder upon receipt of the acceptance letter.

Just be sure to follow up with the 3 required items (ibo, fee, hunter ed ) in the required shedule to get your permit.

Always seems some don't do it, forget to do it, or can't do it.... as historically there are 5+ openings at the 1st redraw.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

Set feeder up...I heard some people pretty close to my set up but had to dig out. We shall see the hunting etiquette this season.

Comment

Originally posted by howabouttheiris View Post

Just be sure to follow up with the 3 required items (ibo, fee, hunter ed ) in the required shedule to get your permit.

Always seems some don't do it, forget to do it, or can't do it.... as historically there are 5+ openings at the 1st redraw.

Ill guess Ill be setting that up Saturday morning and heading to Taylor gun show afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by howabouttheiris View Post

I think there were 10 openings at the first redraw last year.

Comment

Is the green highlighted area on the maps off limit areas

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbousmc View Post
                    Is the green highlighted area on the maps off limit areas
                    Yes, areas 1-4. You also can't be within 100 yards of the trail, a fence line with a residence, or another hunter.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a zip file of the hunting area you can download to a phone Gaia app or GPS. I found a guy who made it specifically for lake Georgetown last year and had him email it to Brad. He should have this on file to send out. Now if I could only find it!! Haha! But I don't really need this as I know I'm good. Try email brad about it

Comment

First pics showing a little opportunity...
                        Attached Files

Comment

Has anyone had any theft issues out there

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbousmc View Post
                            Has anyone had any theft issues out there
                            Hit and miss. Seems like at least one person a year.

I went 2 years with no issues but last year I lost a camera stolen and had my blind knocked down. Luckily I was able to fix the blind.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Was it locked? I got some cables secure things I'll take some pictures when I get set up and see what ppl think here.

Comment

Originally posted by Blacktail1 View Post
                                First pics showing a little opportunity...
                                Not too bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X