No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went out today and saw five does. They are moving around pretty good.

Comment

I'm a little worried about people messin' with my stuff or hunting my stand when I'm not there.

Comment

Originally posted by vach03 View Post
        Went out today and saw five does. They are moving around pretty good.
        They are now....but that'll all change when there's a bunch of hunters and feeders out there, it always does. It can be really tough hunting. If you put in a lot of time and effort, it'll pay off though. Hopefully we don't have a big acorn crop this year. With the drought we've had I don't think we will. Over the last several years, once the acorns start really hitting the ground, I've had corn piling up under my feeder and watched deer walk right by it just out of shooting range.

Comment

Originally posted by jrwest66 View Post
          I'm a little worried about people messin' with my stuff or hunting my stand when I'm not there.
          Don't put anything out there that you can't afford to lose, and what you do leave, make sure its chained down with heavy chain and a good lock. I lost a game cam 3 years ago and have heard plenty of stories since then about stands and feeders disappearing. As far as people hunting in your stand goes, theres not really much you can do. The rules have never said anything about it and the rangers won't do anything about it. Your best bet is to set up well off the beaten path and hope nobody knows where your stuff is. You'll have better success there anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by swampdonkey View Post
            What hunting areas did they open up this year that were off limits in the past?
            Mainly the area around the office and around the dam. Those area were all for special access hunts in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBowhunter2009 View Post
              Don't put anything out there that you can't afford to lose, and what you do leave, make sure its chained down with heavy chain and a good lock. I lost a game cam 3 years ago and have heard plenty of stories since then about stands and feeders disappearing. As far as people hunting in your stand goes, theres not really much you can do. The rules have never said anything about it and the rangers won't do anything about it. Your best bet is to set up well off the beaten path and hope nobody knows where your stuff is. You'll have better success there anyway.
              Everything he said, X2. Set up off the beaten path, but someone will find your stuff anyway, especially if you run a feeder.

I've hunted out there for several years, always killed deer and never put a feeder out. Hand corn and protein blocks work for me, you just need to set up someplace the deer are already coming to.

Comment

hmmmmm was thinking of taking a feeder out there but the hand corn seems like a good deal. ill be out sunday checking it out.

Comment

Anybody ever have a problem with gun hunters on the adjoining private land?

Comment

Originally posted by vach03 View Post
                    Anybody ever have a problem with gun hunters on the adjoining private land?
                    I've never had any problems with them. There are some that hunt really close to the fencelines though.

Comment

Went out this morning and some area's I like and jumped about 5 deer. I thought about using a bucket feeder but I may just try some kinda block. Sounds like I need to hike in 2 or 3 miles to get away from everybody.

Comment

Sounds like I need to hike in 2 or 3 miles to get away from everybody.
                        Sometimes you need to.

Comment

Yapp sometime you do need to.I will love to go back home too Montana.Hike up by the Blackfoot Lands.off Milk River.

Comment

man draging that deer 2-3 miles is gonna be tough, maybe i should start working out. lol

Comment

Originally posted by viper3853 View Post
                              man draging that deer 2-3 miles is gonna be tough, maybe i should start working out. lol
                              That why I bought me one of those deer haulers with the big wheels.

Comment

That why I bought me one of those deer haulers with the big wheels.
                                Good investment.

Comment

Working...
                                X