Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by swampdonkey View Post
    My sister, brother, and I got picked as well. Gonna be our first year out there. Gonna go in with an open mind and try not get too upset if we do not have much luck. It seems everyone complains about hunter over crowding in easy access areas. Can someone tell me what side/area of the lake tends to be crowded. Do not wanna have to hear 7 feeders go off all around me opening day. What areas/units are considered to be only accesible by boat? Thanks for your feedback.
    That happened to me my first time out. Was a super pain in the 100 degree heat to set up. Humped my junk in with a cart and 3 trips. Then had to move (before fully set up) the next weekend because I was too close to someone.

Humped uphill a ways and thought I was good. Had the feeder going and a good shooting lane carved out of the thick cedar trees. Opening weekend I heard 7 feeders go off that morning LOL.. After number 3 or 4 I wanted to cry. Just sat there and after number 7 I was pretty mad.

But this year is different. No one can really tell you where it's crowded because they opened up a lot more area you can walk in to. Trail and error starts over again.

And there may not be any way to get in by boat if we do not get rain.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

But this year is different. No one can really tell you where it's crowded because they opened up a lot more area you can walk in to. Trail and error starts over again.

And there may not be any way to get in by boat if we do not get rain.
      What hunting areas did they open up this year that were off limits in the past?

Comment

once again, a lot of mis information on here. yes you can hunt in the general hunting area, lots of deer have been taken from there. as far as good spots, try out of tejas park,cedar hollow or comming in from russel park. the record for deer taken in one year is 12. there are some big deer out there, the biggest ive seen is a 12 pt. tripods and ladder stands work best, pvc feeders will be eaten clean within a week, i use a straight shooter set at 2 sec., the quiet feeders work best.

Comment

Originally posted by redneck-lgtx View Post
          once again, a lot of mis information on here. yes you can hunt in the general hunting area, lots of deer have been taken from there. as far as good spots, try out of tejas park,cedar hollow or comming in from russel park. the record for deer taken in one year is 12. there are some big deer out there, the biggest ive seen is a 12 pt. tripods and ladder stands work best, pvc feeders will be eaten clean within a week, i use a straight shooter set at 2 sec., the quiet feeders work best.
          I was wondering why you stated that silent feeders work best?

Comment

I would guess so no human will hear it

Comment

nice.

Comment

i cant wait to be out there sitting in the stand!!

Comment

I know last year I used a box blind I miss being up in a tree

Comment

the quieter the feeder is the less likely it will be noticed by other hunters or any other anti hunting "hikers"

Comment

I know I will probably find this out in orenitation but do we park at the parks(Russell and Tejas) and hike in? Is there other roads in other than park entrances? Is the further you hike in the less people to deal with?

Comment

do we park at the parks(Russell and Tejas) and hike in?
                        Yes

Is there other roads in other than park entrances?
                        Yes

Is the further you hike in the less people to deal with?
                        Yes

Comment

Man its going to be HOT at there getting set up.

Comment

went out yesterday to walk around and check out some trails, me, my girlfriend and roomate and dogs went out and jumped in the lake to cool off. had a good time. i also saw a fox out there!! too bad there not letting us hunt them.

Comment

Originally posted by viper3853 View Post
                              went out yesterday to walk around and check out some trails, me, my girlfriend and roomate and dogs went out and jumped in the lake to cool off. had a good time. i also saw a fox out there!! too bad there not letting us hunt them.
                              I've seen a bunch of those out there. There's a lot of coyotes too.

Comment

I plan on going out Friday to look around a bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X