No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So if I want to shoot longbow recurve and maybe a wheel bow do I have to qualify with all three IBO and pay $15 each or just one

Comment

I thought I read we will be hunting on 1200 ac. for 100 of us. I hope we all don't show up at the same time we will be elbow to elbow.

Comment

the map shows a archery only map and a general hunting area. is there any hunting besides archery on lake georgetown??

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
          So if I want to shoot longbow recurve and maybe a wheel bow do I have to qualify with all three IBO and pay $15 each or just one
          In years past, yes.
          This time, I do not know. But if you qualify with your recurve I think that would be good enough. I do not think they ever even check that on the hunting permit. If anything they just look at your permit which does not say what you shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by viper3853 View Post
            the map shows a archery only map and a general hunting area. is there any hunting besides archery on lake georgetown??
            Yes, small game, dove and some duck.

Comment

the general hunting area can also be archery hunted for deer as well, correct?

Comment

the general hunting area can also be archery hunted for deer as well, correct?
                Yes.....no dove, squirrel, rabbit hunting is allowed in the archery only area though.

Comment

Originally posted by jrwest66 View Post
                  I thought I read we will be hunting on 1200 ac. for 100 of us. I hope we all don't show up at the same time we will be elbow to elbow.
                  In the previous years everyone couldn't hunt at the same time. They issued A permits and B permits. A's got weekends only for the first month, B's got weekdays. The second month B's got weekends, A's got weekdays. After the first 2 months anyone could hunt at anytime. I don't know if it will be the same way this year or not....I guess we'll find out at the meeting.
                  Last edited by TXBowhunter2009; 07-18-2011, 06:41 PM.

Comment

when can we setup stands and feeders? after aug 20? sorry for all the questions im a first timer at Lake G.

Comment

when can we setup stands and feeders? after aug 20? sorry for all the questions im a first timer at Lake G.
                      Usually after you've received your permit, so I'm assuming this year will be the same and we can set up after the meeting on the 20th. Just make sure you chain everything down.....things tend to walk off out there.

Comment

On average how many deer do most people take?

Comment

I think 28 people shot deer last year out of 125 hunters.

It all depends on where and how much you hunt. You will know if you are in a good or bad area real quick.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                            I think 28 people shot deer last year out of 125 hunters.

It all depends on where and how much you hunt. You will know if you are in a good or bad area real quick.
                            30 people killed the 90 somethin deer killed last year.

Comment

I wouldn't mind getting me 3 or more deer.

Comment

My sister, brother, and I got picked as well. Gonna be our first year out there. Gonna go in with an open mind and try not get too upset if we do not have much luck. It seems everyone complains about hunter over crowding in easy access areas. Can someone tell me what side/area of the lake tends to be crowded. Do not wanna have to hear 7 feeders go off all around me opening day. What areas/units are considered to be only accesible by boat? Thanks for your feedback.

Comment

Working...
                                X