Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck to all this weekend.

I'm heading out of town tomorrow and not returning till Saturday night.

Comment

No luck for me this morning. .. had a buck on camera at 5:30 and I'm assuming that's the same dear that blew at me while getting situated in blind.
      It was pretty bright with this cloud cover I didn't need my light on the walk in
      Last edited by Danimal14; 11-22-2016, 11:40 AM. Reason: I wee tah did

Comment

Spike here. Waiting on a doe or mature buck
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Z7buckmaster; 11-24-2016, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Good luck!! Was nice and cool this am...

Comment

Camping at Primitive by Walnut Creek...beautiful night and hoping to wake up around 6 and walk to blind. Probably staying till Saturday. Love this place

Comment

Congrats Maui.

Comment

Thanks guys...just got back from camping at Walnut Creek Primitive camping area which I love...This place is perfect...10 minute walk to my blind, beautiful lake view and usually nobody there. Had two other campers this trip but they were really nice people. I brought all my camp gear and 30° sleeping bag which actually was cold. Think I'm getting old. If anyone hunts that area and wants to do a trip one weekend let's get it done. I only saw the regular does that come around, but still have a deer in the cooler on ice. Breaking her down today to grind for chilli, breakfast pan sausage, and jerky.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Maui-diver; 11-27-2016, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Awesome. Just got back in town last night so I'm heading out this afternoon

Comment

Originally posted by Maui-diver View Post
                    Thanks guys...just got back from camping at Walnut Creek Primitive camping area which I love...This place is perfect...10 minute walk to my blind, beautiful lake view and usually nobody there. Had two other campers this trip but they were really nice people. I brought all my camp gear and 30° sleeping bag which actually was cold. Think I'm getting old. If anyone hunts that area and wants to do a trip one weekend let's get it done. I only saw the regular does that come around, but still have a deer in the cooler on ice. Breaking her down today to grind for chilli, breakfast pan sausage, and jerky.
                    Nice. Camped at Sawyer a couple weeks back.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

Is Sawer the spot across from Walnut Creek? I was looking with my binos and saw another camp ground directly across.

Comment

Originally posted by Maui-diver View Post
                        Is Sawer the spot across from Walnut Creek? I was looking with my binos and saw another camp ground directly across.
                        Believe so. It's a good 5 mile hike from Texas, and definitely worth it.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

Just got settled in...checked camera and looks like 7 o'clock schedule. ..hopefully something comes in shooting light.
                          And I put one of those record rack blocks out and the coons have been bogartin' it up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Comment

Been here since 330. Camera is showing 3 does coming in between 5 pm and 630 pm

Comment

Golden hour!! Get em

Comment

No dice...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X