No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golden Ticket hunts for sale - $250 is the opening bid.

Originally posted by howabouttheiris View Post
    Hopefully my doe luck is about to turn around.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Note: Before someone blows a headgasket. My post is meant as humor.

Glad OP has found a nice spot.

Comment

It's tempting

Comment

Saw a doe 20 yards in the brush when I got out of the truck. Then spooked one when une-as climbing up she was probably 15-20. It was a good afternoon

Comment

Out now. Nice light rain

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Good luck my man....Gling to try the morning and reset my timer if I could do the math correct

Comment

Anyone else out this morning? Quiet here.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Comment

Wont make it out there till later in the week

Comment

Originally posted by stringstalker84 View Post
                    [emoji33] [ATTACH]821920[/ATTACH]

I hunted that very buck 2 seasons ago. He is an old sucker.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                      I hunted that very buck 2 seasons ago. He is an old sucker.
                      I just can't tell if he is legal.

Comment

Originally posted by stringstalker84 View Post
                        I just can't tell if he is legal.

He was barely legal when I hunted him.

Comment

Interesting thing happened to me this week and wanted to share, as it may affect your future feeder location choices.

Went out this past weekend and was sitting as per normal. I have had pretty decent camera action and I was expecting animals around 8AM. At 8:10, I hear the deer coming down a nearby hillside and toward my feeder. The group travels with 2-3 buck fawns that sound like 15 sugar hyped children. They enter the clearing and instead of coming toward my feeder, they walk 20 yards behind it and thru an existing, dense treeline.

This struck me as odd, as these deer typically choose to come thru the clearing and past my feeder vs pushing thru the dense trees and brush to continue toward the lake. After my sit, I investigate and find that an adjacent landowner had cut a few hundred yard long trail from his private property down thru the Corps land connecting his land to the trailhead. The deer were now following this trail and avoiding my feeder (at least some of the time) and really hurting my chances with this setup. My camera traffic has dropped by 75% or so.

I snap a series of photos and contact Brad.

This is where it turns odd.... I figured that I would be witness #1 in a federal trial where a Willco jury would be deciding between death and a really, really bad death for cutting trees, dragging brush, and cutting grass on federal property. It would be a slam dunk as the trail went directly to his fence and continued on the other side.

BUT....

I was informed that adjacent landowners have the right to construct a natural path connecting their property to the trailhead. While there may be a question of whether or not this is beyond the undefined term 'natural', it is permitted none the less.

Anyway.... mixed use land and this is allowed, so I am not complaining.

Thought you should know before someone confronts a neighbor dragging brush around their setup.

Comment

To a trailhead but sounds like it's not connected to a walking trail but your feeder

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Comment

It goes from his fence, past my feeder, to the trailhead.

From his fence..

Thru the woods that was my backstop behind my feeder...

Continuing to trailhead...

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang..well sounds like you need to set up a blind on that trail now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X