Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Archer23 View Post
    To close. If they saw you at your stand they should have never set up so close.
    Man that ****** me off and I am not even hunting there.
    Good luck.
    Not much I can do..technically they're within the rules just walking the line a little close.
    And I like my spot and too lazy to go hunt for another...I'm positioned better too. I just wanted to talk with him and make sure he's not tromping back and forth through my area.

When I was leaving I passed them and they were still contemplating setting up there and his buddy was telling me my spot wasn't that good because of South wind but I think he was just trying to get me to move haha.
    Public land baby....

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post
      Not much I can do..technically they're within the rules just walking the line a little close.
      And I like my spot and too lazy to go hunt for another...I'm positioned better too. I just wanted to talk with him and make sure he's not tromping back and forth through my area.

When I was leaving I passed them and they were still contemplating setting up there and his buddy was telling me my spot wasn't that good because of South wind but I think he was just trying to get me to move haha.
      Public land baby....
      Its not "your" area its public land so Im going to lay odds he will figure walking through your set up is the best way for him to get to "his" area.

Good luck should be an interesting season keep us posted. What area are yall in?

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
        Its not "your" area its public land so Im going to lay odds he will figure walking through your set up is the best way for him to get to "his" area.

Good luck should be an interesting season keep us posted. What area are yall in?
        I understand the public land part...but there's courtesy as well...that's why I'm trying to find who he is.
        I should of taken his number but he was acting like they were unsure and he would contact me.
        Like I said I'm really not worried about it but would like to have communication if we're gonna be neighbors.
        And it is my area...I go out of my way to walk around not through people's spots like a ****...communication is key ...I don't want to be sitting in my blind and then have some dude tromping through... if I'm not there hunting it at the time it's not a big deal

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post
          I understand the public land part...but there's courtesy as well...that's why I'm trying to find who he is.
          I should of taken his number but he was acting like they were unsure and he would contact me.
          Like I said I'm really not worried about it but would like to have communication if we're gonna be neighbors.
          And it is my area...I go out of my way to walk around not through people's spots like a ****...communication is key ...I don't want to be sitting in my blind and then have some dude tromping through... if I'm not there hunting it at the time it's not a big deal
          Thats the bad part not everyone thinks this way on public lands.

Just keep your flash light handy on morning hunts so you can let him know your there as you see his light walking in.

Comment

Went to fill up my feeder and hang a few things in my groundblind today and walked up on this monster 3 point shed. Man, am I on a hot spot. Don't be hatin guys. Lol
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Maui-diver View Post
              Went to fill up my feeder and hang a few things in my groundblind today and walked up on this monster 3 point shed. Man, am I on a hot spot. Don't be hatin guys. Lol
              I hope you slay a doe first. It killed me last year to see bucks on several trips and could never fling an arrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Maui-diver View Post
                LMAO...he might be just a bit short of 13"

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_Dinger View Post
                  Anybody else out in 9b this year?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
                  i hunted 9b a couple years ago. Me and a few guys in there had nothing but problems with dove hunters and small game hunters. another issue was a poacher and adjacent land owners shooting rifles right at day break for a hr or so and in the evening for an hr or so.

Comment

Originally posted by dodgeman View Post
                    i hunted 9b a couple years ago. Me and a few guys in there had nothing but problems with dove hunters and small game hunters. another issue was a poacher and adjacent land owners shooting rifles right at day break for a hr or so and in the evening for an hr or so.
                    Beautiful....so you're saying there's hope[emoji53]

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

It could be ok. Just gotta really hunt hardcore in october. Once it gets really cold the hunters thin out. Just sucks they are building so many houses across the river from there

Comment

Originally posted by dodgeman View Post
                        It could be ok. Just gotta really hunt hardcore in october. Once it gets really cold the hunters thin out. Just sucks they are building so many houses across the river from there
                        I saw a 1 acre lot selling for 125k

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160903_115613.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	24460631Click image for larger version

Name:	20160903_115641.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	24460632

2 good looking youngins on camera

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Comment

Real nice...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Comment

I was out there filling my feeder this weekend and holy smokes the mosquitoes/gnats were bad. Get ready to bust out the thermacells....

Comment

I've got a group of turkeys coming to my feeder. I forgot what Brad said about turkeys, so I emailed him and he said no go on the turkeys. There's not enough of them on the corp property to allow hunting.

Comment

Working...
                                X