Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrwest66 View Post
    when do we find out if we get drawn or not?
    When I talked to Stacy on Wednesday she told me that she has a training class she has to attend the week of the 20th I believe. She wants to get everything completed before then. I would assume we should know something between 7/11 & 7/15. They have to wait a few days to allow for mailed apps to make their way in. This all assuming they will even have to draw. As of Wednesday they had received 81 applications, 22 of those were automatic permit recipients and 59 that will go into the draw. There are only 70 available to be drawn and 30 that are automatic. Gonna be a close one. She told me she recieved 20 apps total on Tuesday alone. I'm going to head over to the corp office in a little while and see where the number sits now and it may give us a better idea of what to expect in the weeks to come. I'll post as soon as I know something.

Comment

I went in yesterday, and the list was up to 86 or 87 people...I went in right at closing time-the office was closed most of the day because they had a retirement party. Guess we'll see if they get another 13 post marked by the 4th.

Comment

As of about 11 am today the total number of apps was up to 101. So it looks like there will be an actual draw after all. As of now only 23 of the 30 automatic recipients had their applications in.

Comment

I turned mine in at 2pm....so that makes at least 102. I'm sure they'll still have a few in the mail as well.

Comment

Turned mine in at 2. I was 106.

Comment

So if only 23 automatic recipients put in does that mean there will be 77 spots available?
              This will be my first year if I get drawn.

Comment

So if only 23 automatic recipients put in does that mean there will be 77 spots available?
                No, not this year. If the 7 auto-draws don't show up, there will be 7 less guys hunting out there this year.

Comment

The only thing I hope they change is the IBO cert next year. IMO once you pass their test so many times you should get a pass.

Yes you can list reasons why it may be good like it keeps people shooting good, good equipment etc. But it's bad because anyone can still make any bad shot they choose so it's still up to each hunter to make ethical shots reguardless of IBO score.

Anyway, hoping for a good year again.

Comment

Since this would be my first year if I get drawn are there alot of deer out there?

Comment

Lots of deer. Wall hangers are scarce, but there's a lot of meat running around out there.

Comment

Lots of deer if you can find them. I think there are areas the deer avoid for some reason. And if you have a feeder up and do not have lots of activity, just move. Two years ago I thought I was in the perfect place, and stayed there almost the whole season before giving up. Moving my feeder after Christmas and almost instantly had lots of deer.

I can not wait to get out there in 103 degree heat to set up LOL.. Seems like every day it gets hotter.

Comment

I hope I get drawn. I hunted FT. Hood for while but all the deer only come out at night. There are some awesome bucks there I even had them on camera but at night. Any problem with thieves?

Comment

Any problem with thieves?
                            Seems like a few guys lose some stuff every year. I don't put anything out there that would break my heart if it went missing.

Comment

Where is the corp office located?

Comment

Off DB Wood just north of the dam.

Comment

Working...
                                X