Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stringstalker84 View Post
    There were also 2 groups of four that got drawn at the end that didn't get in because there were only 2 spots left

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
    Wow thats interesting so the last 2 spots was a group of 2? ....surprised they just didn't add 2 spots when they drew the first group and be done with it. A few years back they let everyone one hunt since it was just over 100 apps if I remember right.

Comment

Yeah, it was definitely not how i understood the group draw to be and i dont agree with it. Hopefully they will change it like they said

Comment

I'm in!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stringstalker84 View Post
          Lots of groups were drawn..and found out that each group had 1 chance per group member..not just 1 chance for the whole group like i thought...supposedly it will change next year

It has been this way for some time but was the other way 2 years back we only got 1 number for the group. Then it changed back to all get a number again.

Comment

Do yall know when orientation is

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post
              Do yall know when orientation is

From the site:

Hunters drawn will be notified by email no later than the first week of August. Hunters drawn for a 2016-2017 archery permit must attend Hunter Orientation tentatively August 20, 2016 set for 9:00 AM. The orientation is mandatory, NO exceptions. Please plan on being available for three hours.

It might change, i'm sure they will send an email.

Comment

Cool thanks

Comment

Got my confirmation - seems strange that we can place our stands and feeder out now.

Dear Archery Hunter,
                  Congratulations, you have been selected to receive a Lake Georgetown Archery Permit for deer and hog for the 2016-2017 season. However, a permit cannot be issued until you produce an IBO proficiency test score of 80% or above and a permit fee of $90.00 is paid. Payments for the permit fee can be made at the park gate houses (Cedar Breaks Park, Jim Hogg Park or Russell Park) AFTER AUGUST 14, 2016 Monday- Thursday from 10:00 am to 7:00pm. Russell Park is closed Monday-Wednesday.
                  A single stand and feeder may be placed after receipt of this letter but cannot be hunted until October 1, 2016 and receipt of a Lake Georgetown hunting permit. Stand placement must meet the requirements set in the Lake Georgetown Hunting Policy. Any violations of this will result in removal of your stand from the property.
                  Please Note: Due to standby positions you must check in on Saturday,August 20, 2016 starting at 9:00 a.m. but no later than 9:15 a.m. or you will forfeit all permit fees and your position will be added to the standby positions.
                  Permits will be available to pick up in person Saturday,August 20, 2016, after a required 9:30 a.m. orientation. Permits will be available for pick-up after orientation but must be collected by September 2, 2016 or your position will be forfeited to standby hunters.

Comment

I am setup back in my spot from last season and sent my unit number to Brad. I was not expecting the confirmation and start of placement to come out like this today either. Luckily I have a flexible work schedule, had my equipment ready, and was able to jump in the car this AM.

Comment

I just emailed Brad asking how we are suppose to mark our blinds and stands with Hunter ID before we get it with the permit?

Comment

Pretty sure he said at the meeting when I talked with him that it is going to be by hunters word not by GPS plotting. Apperently a bunch of people not familiar with that and sending the correct format to him created a nightmare for him. I would maybe just continue to give him a GPS plot just in case. Otherwise, do we just hang a flag with a picture of our beautiful selfs? This is all news to me about able to set feeder up now. I didn't read the email they sent as I thought it was same as last year. This is great news for us who don't slack. So can we get our proficiency test done at double G again with the sale of the shop? Guess I better start slingin arrows.

Comment

Wow what a crazy twist this year. Im not even going to bother with stand by now. No way I will get any of the spots I wanted with everyone setting up so early.

Comment

I am exempt for this year and I have not received any information from Brad. Other exempt guys that are not on TBH wouldn't know that stands can be put up. I will go out this week and flag a spot I guess.

Comment

I am exempt and got a welcome back email..... contact them immediately if you think you were skipped over. They may have a bad email ID.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow. What a change.

I will probably go scout the week of the meeting and if my spots are available Ill try standby. If not Ill pass this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X