Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
    You guys learn to shoot deer you would be on the exempt list LOL I think the 4 to an application is to cut down on paperwork. If they only allowed one per application then instead of 100 applications of 4 each they would have 400 applications of 1 each.
    I was on the list 5 years in a row until I deployed. I have missed the last 3 years. In 5 years I put 26 deer on the books. My shooting is fine

Isis spelled backwards is SISI.

Comment

The goal is to control deer numbers. I'm all for those willing to kill deer being exempt from the draw. If you're passing up legal deer because you're hoping to kill a record book buck, you're hunting in the wrong place. So, those with the record book buck mentality should do the meat hunters a favor and not bother applying for a spot.

Comment

Originally posted by RS3 View Post
        The goal is to control deer numbers. I'm all for those willing to kill deer being exempt from the draw. If you're passing up legal deer because you're hoping to kill a record book buck, you're hunting in the wrong place. So, those with the record book buck mentality should do the meat hunters a favor and not bother applying for a spot.
        Very true but Ive seen more 2 legged meat walking around the last 2 years cant shoot what we dont see.

Comment

137 today for me

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
            137 today for me
            Not too bad with only a couple days left... Good luck everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Hog Lick View Post
              Not too bad with only a couple days left... Good luck everyone!
              Lady said that it was slower this year.

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
                137 today for me

not sure how you are 137, I turned in my paperwork yesterday around lunch and they said i was 136 and also put that on my reciept.

Comment

Originally posted by dodgeman View Post
                  not sure how you are 137, I turned in my paperwork yesterday around lunch and they said i was 136 and also put that on my reciept.
                  I meant 127. Typo

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                    I was on the list 5 years in a row until I deployed. I have missed the last 3 years. In 5 years I put 26 deer on the books. My shooting is fine

I was just messing with you guys. I am sure there a lot of you way better than me. I really was lucky in a way last year as I was late to the party since I got in on standby then had to qualify and find a spot. I only got set up about 3 weeks before the opener. Was able to put one down opening morning.

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
                      I was just messing with you guys. I am sure there a lot of you way better than me. I really was lucky in a way last year as I was late to the party since I got in on standby then had to qualify and find a spot. I only got set up about 3 weeks before the opener. Was able to put one down opening morning.
                      Luck is always appreciated. I like to wait for everyone to get their stands up before I put mine up. I have had spots stolen in previous years by folks speeding out the gate after the brief was over. It ain't worth it for me anymore. There are too many deer at the lake to go rushing around and being a jackass.

Comment

Just walked out. Number 147 and 148

Comment

Anybody know the final total?

Comment

wow looks like tough hunting to me - I live about 1 minute from the lake and run it all the time -

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                              Anybody know the final total?

Probably not for a week to give time for mail in enteries.

Comment

With mail in entries I'm thinking prob will end up with 180 apps.
                                It was 160 on Thurs.

Comment

Working...
                                X