Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paintman View Post
    do the auto permits have to qualify??
    Yes. But if they fail to shoot a qualifying score their permit will not be re-issued.

Comment

Originally posted by cy100 View Post
      So, you mean we can go to apply first then hand in certification later?
      The drawing will be done immediately following the deadline to apply, 7/4/2011. Once you have been drawn you have to qualify and pay the balance of the permit fee. From what I understand, you can shoot to qualify earlier if you would like but if you dont get drawn its a waste of money.

Comment

So if I shot a doe(was it a doe or any deer checked in?) last year, I just apply. Then after they contact me I have to qualify by a certain date and then pay the rest?

Comment

Has anyone found out for sure where we can shoot an IBO course

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
            So if I shot a doe(was it a doe or any deer checked in?) last year, I just apply. Then after they contact me I have to qualify by a certain date and then pay the rest?
            Yes, you're name should be on the list of 30 that will automatically get a permit. I'm not sure of the cutoff date for qualifying, but if you decide not to hunt this year they will not re-issue the permit.

Originally posted by 308mx View Post
            Has anyone found out for sure where we can shoot an IBO course
            Full Draw Archery in Bertram and Archery Country in Austin

Comment

Last time I checked Archery Country is not doing it because they don't know how the corps want them to.

Comment

Originally posted by doeboy11 View Post
                Last time I checked Archery Country is not doing it because they don't know how the corps want them to.
                Didn't realize that. I called right after all the new rules came out, but thats been 2-3 weeks. Guess that leaves Full Draw.

Comment

Just talked to Archery Country and they said they will offer the IBO certification for Lake Georgetown hunts! I was told to check back in a couple weeks and they will talk to the corps and get it all ironed out with them. This is my first year to put in for the draw at Georgetown, would anyone around the Leander/ Liberty Hill area be interested in bringing me up to speed on the hunting areas at the lake or possibly do some scouting? I know things are going to be different this year as opposed to years past but just trying to get the feel of things out there.

Comment

Turned in my application last week, they told me I was #44.

Looks like a lot of new ground available to hunt this year, and unless it picks up a bunch in the next two weeks, there won't be many guys out there.
                    would anyone around the Leander/ Liberty Hill area be interested in bringing me up to speed on the hunting areas at the lake or possibly do some scouting?
                    You can go out and scout whenever you want. The applications they have up at the office have a map of the hunting areas printed on the back. Map is not great, but will give you an idea. You can hunt pretty much anywhere except they want you to stay 200 yds (I think that's the number) away from campgrounds, parks, trails, and fence lines with houses on the other side.

Comment

Originally posted by jared_bays View Post
                      Yes, you're name should be on the list of 30 that will automatically get a permit. I'm not sure of the cutoff date for qualifying, but if you decide not to hunt this year they will not re-issue the permit.

Full Draw Archery in Bertram and Archery Country in Austin
                      Any idea how much it will cost?

And how easy or hard it will be? Is it shooting 3D?

Comment

Cost

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                        Any idea how much it will cost?

And how easy or hard it will be? Is it shooting 3D?
                        It is shooting at 3D targets. Longest is 30 yards. I have done it. Full Draw charges $25.

Comment

30 yards? I'm good til about 16 maybe a little longer LOL.. Better go practice. I'm just getting too lazy to bowhunt..getting older I guess.

Comment

anyone done the IBO yet?

Comment

Call Mike Foss at Full Dray Archery in Bertram, he can help with the IBO.
                              Cell is 512-843-9805
                              Shop is 512-355-2999

Comment

when do we find out if we get drawn or not?

Comment

Working...
                                X