Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Lake Georgetown a Corp Lake?

Comment

Found someone's doe. Looks like it was a pretty good deer.

Arrow was in three pieces, nock end had a green "S" nock, two white and one green blazer vanes with logos. Broadhead looks like a G% replaceable 3 blade.

Found on the north side a little west of Walnut camp.
      Attached Files

Comment

2011 applications are available the deposit went up from $10.00-$25.00 this year if anyone needs a copy pm me I have it saved

Comment

So how do we qualify this year? where is an IBO course?

"must be taken on a standard IBO course (10-8-5-0 scor-ing, see www.IBO.net) with no target more than 30 yards and a minimum of 14 targets. A scorecard, signed by a range officer, will suf-fice as proof of proficiency. The Lake Georgetown Pro-ject Office will no longer conduct an on-site profi-ciency test."

What/who is a range officer? Almost sounds like a different option to taking the IBO test.

Comment

I was just getting on to ask the same thing RiverRat1. The IBO site is very difficult to work with. Would definately appreciate it if someone who is in the know could help out.
            The range officer thing is probably like a gun range where there is an official of some sort there. They could sign off on the score to verify validity. We had to have a range officer sign off on my son's shooting at a range to provide proof of the score when he went on a Texas Youth Hunt. Probably works the same way.

Comment

Well it's starting to look like some people may know, but are keeping quiet. I hope thats not the case. I mean someone has to know, right? LOL

Comment

I'm not completely sure, but some of the local bow shops may be able to do this. I think all they need is an official IBO scorer to sign off on your application validating that you shot at or above qualifying scores. Someone affiliated with one of the local shops is bound to know who we need to talk to.

Comment

I've emailed the IBO to ask. The webite says that the will respond within 48 hours, but that hasn't happened (72 hours later). They don't even have a Texas state representative. Closest state with a rep is New Mexico!

Comment

looks like archery country in austin is going to do the ibo certifications. looks like a lot is going to change this year! I can't wait to see how this will all work.

Comment

Yeah, I just saw in another area that Archery Country and maybe Full Draw in Bertrum were doing it. Still never got a reply from IBO directly - not good on their part.

Comment

Austin Archery Country can do IBO certification.

Comment

Archery Country isn't doing it yet. Talked to the lake office and you don't have to qualify before getting picked. If someone is picked and don't qualify then there will only be 99 permits. If any of the automatic permits don't sign up or don't qualify then we lose that permit also.

Comment

So, you mean we can go to apply first then hand in certification later?

Comment

do the auto permits have to qualify??

Comment

Working...
                              X