Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
    I've never seen ducks on Lake Georgetown ever. And yesterday I drove all over Williamson and Bell county and found zero fowl to be shot at.

I'd like to know what they were shooting at, not that I'd want to duck hunt this lake. I'd be to afraid of setting up to close to a feeder and getting cited for hunting over bait.

Ive hunted 2 yrs there. Many dove to be shot and alot if ducks. Can only dove/duck hunt in the general area. I would think with lake having water this year would be a killer year for ducks. But you have to have the small game permit also. Killed many dove and a few ducks. See alot of ducks but way to many duck dynasty watchers hunted last year. Calls going off non stop and alot of sky blasting.

Comment

Man what a 180 on the wind from yesterday. It's so quiet I feel I'm breathing to loud.

Comment

There are many ducks at lake Georgetown. But how to access to a good spot would be a challenge. I tried last year by walking in, it was not success. But, I know ducks are there, just beyond my capability.

Recently, I found that deer is more active in the morning. My camera shows various deer coming to my feeder from day break to 9-10ish.

Comment

Yea without a good shallow water boat its alot of walking to get a good duck spot. But boat is best bet. We hunt an area from a duck blind boat under trees. Have had good success. If we gobagain will take some pics of ducks.

Comment

Anyone know where the check in at Russell happens? Is it at the gate or elsewhere? Noone at gate ... but I am 5 min early.

Comment

Ok found someone. Thanks.

Comment

Anyone make it out today?

Comment

I went for a short hunt this morning. Just my regular yearling doe was all. Got out early. Will be back tomorrow.

Comment

Think it will be ok in the morning? Debating now.

Comment

30% chance of rain with 11mph winds sse before front hits mid afternoon doesn't scare me. I'm going out.

Comment

Good deal. I'm in!!! Good luck

Comment

Dang!! Can't say I didn't try. It's raining pretty good I'm turning back anyone else staying out?

Comment

Grabbing a cup of coffee at Starbucks and checking out the Doppler radar anyone around come by for a cuppa Joe

Comment

Originally posted by Maui-diver View Post
                              Grabbing a cup of coffee at Starbucks and checking out the Doppler radar anyone around come by for a cuppa Joe
                              Did you end up going back out or calling it?

Looks like it is coming down there now.

Comment

Never went back out. Stayed at Starbucks watching radar, and didn't look promising.

Comment

Working...
                                X