No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sat in my ground blind all day sat. 4:30am till 7:00pm. Nada! The morning sit had a lot of action actually. Finally had a shooter doe, by the time I got my heart rate down and ready to shoot, a friggin horny buck came in and was all high school on her!! She wanted none so took off. Then had a couple more small does come in, but we're not over 2. Got to see a buck making a scrape on the ground..really cool. The afternoon was painfully quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
      Hey you -Chris have you seen any real good deer this year. I usually have one or two in the area that I look at but this year nothing that has made me stop and look. Last year there was a one that pushed high 30's at the end of my street by 3405 but Im starting to think the roads got him.
      I saw a tall heavy mid 130s at 3405 and russel park rd Saturday. I'm seeing lots of good ones on camera. Three legal one not legal. All on camera though. Nothing while on stand.

Comment

Came in late this morning to my last cycle of soft grunts and doe bleats. He was at 14yds licking the estrus I put out.

Comment

Congrats Chris- I'm glad that buck is still around. I have not seen him this year and thought the road claimed him. Did see a toad over at the airport this am when taking the kid to school

Comment

Ok, been in my blind an hour now. Perfect wind and praying for my golden ticket. Weather is holding out nice, spotty windy, but it's in my face!!

Comment

I sat saturday morning-NADA, saturday evening I got drenched-NADA

Comment

I'm out here waiting on a terrorist buck that's been going around messing up trees

Comment

Is anyone still seeing doe(s) coming to their feeder since the rut started?

Comment

Is anyone still seeing doe(s) coming to their feeder since the rut started?

Comment

I have corn all over the ground

Comment

Deer have plenty of clover forage right now. Good news is I've seen 2 older good deer around the house that are new so get out and hunt. I think the next week or so will be the time that surprise deer will show up.

Comment

Originally posted by Maui-diver View Post
                          I have corn all over the ground
                          Not sure corn will have much of an effect right now. Acorns are thick, rut going on, lots of green forage too. Still going to try and go out there over the weekend and put some corn out and make a couple of scrapes.

Comment

Let's go!! I'm down!! Wind, or not!!

Comment

So opinions on the forecasted 30+ mile/hour winds for Tomarrow. Who's going for it? Should be ok early, but after 7ish, cold from coming and wind chills down to low 30's, with windchill below that. Finally

Comment

Well, checked camera from today for some strange and wondered if he is 13"

Guess I'm going to at least try.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X