Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ExCaliBoy View Post
    Not yet. I'm probably going to go out today or tomorrow to buy a replacement unfortunately.
    I really like the Trufire Releases. I have the one that folds back. I hope you're able to find yours. I've thought about buying a back up.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
      Who is in charge now that Terri Beth is gone? And did they ever tell us an official end hunting date in our paperwork?
      I'm not sure who's "officially" in charge now. The cutoff date listed in the paperwork this year said Jan. 31st.

Comment

Originally posted by Genevieve View Post
        I was out there yesterday evening and right as I was packing up a big buck came in. It was too dark to see just how big he was but he was well outside the 13" AR. I'm not sure how he got to be so big because he sure was stupid. I kissed at him 5 times and he would just go back to eating. Then I started clucking and he wouldn't leave!. I think I said something like "oh come on!" Before he finally ran off.
        At your blind? So now you are seeing deer?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
          At your blind? So now you are seeing deer?
          yeah at dark! There is one doe that keeps walking past but never stops. I'm fixin to go sit on the trail and see if I can get her, maybe next weekend. I am still trying to get my first bow kill.

Comment

Seen my first deer today in what seems like forever! An old spooky doe that would not even let me draw! She bolted when I clipped onto the string. Hang in there and maybe they will pick up with the cool weather.

Comment

I went out this morning and evening. Didnt see anything at all. I did take a hike around the trail and jumped 8 deer. I think they were all does. I always see deer in the neighborhood tho. Seen some nice bucks there too.

Comment

Just got an email from Matt....last day to hunt is Jan.30th.

-Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk Pro.

Comment

I'm in the stand. Lots of tracks. I hope the cold has them moving!

Comment

Originally posted by clawdig88 View Post
                    I'm in the stand. Lots of tracks. I hope the cold has them moving!
                    What part of the lake are you hunting?

Comment

Buddy went Sat and had 15-16 deer come to his feeder. I went to get my stuff and it looked like they were tearing up the corn lately.

Every year I say to wait until Dec/ Jan to hunt but then never do LOL.

Hope we have a next year out at Lake Georgetown.

Comment

looks like we will still have a place to hunt next year. it might not be the same as the past but im sure it will work out

Comment

Were you checking trot lines Saturday evening?

Comment

No, not me. I went Sunday. There are no fish in Georgetown

Comment

have been thinking about hunting georgetown

Comment

Originally posted by Muzzy100 View Post
                                Does anybody else have any progress reports I thought I would post a pic of this guy.
                                Good to see some decent pics from a Primos Truth Canm 35, got one for Christmas.

Comment

Working...
                                X