No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my spot approved and went out to put up blind, and feeder. Long haul over rocky terrain with a game cart loaded. About a mile. Was worn out so didn't make s 2nd trip to haul in corn. I will do that tomorrow. I had hand corned the area a week ago, corn gone but nothing on the game camera. I think I had it pointing to far away from the corn.

Comment

Are you set up by me?

Comment

If your near where we were at then yes. My 1st choice Brad said I was within 100 yards of another hunter and I needed to move NE about 20 yards. I moved about 30 yards and that spot was approved. I haven't seen any stands or feeders in the area though. Going out this afternoon and fill my feeder and brush in my blind.

Comment

It may have been my stand that you were near. I am going back out there saturday morning to refill my feeder, maybe I will see you.

Comment

E-mail sent. You can take a spike now to count towards the taking of a legal forked buck. The spike does not count towards exemption for the following year.

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
              If your near where we were at then yes. My 1st choice Brad said I was within 100 yards of another hunter and I needed to move NE about 20 yards. I moved about 30 yards and that spot was approved. I haven't seen any stands or feeders in the area though. Going out this afternoon and fill my feeder and brush in my blind.
              What area are you in?

I left my stand out there, but haven't hung it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                What area are you in?

I left my stand out there, but haven't hung it yet.
                I am in 14.

Doeboy won't be out there Saturday. Got a tailgate to go to. Hoping to get out there Sunday.

Comment

I'm over in 11. Rethinking the stand and may go with just a blind.

Comment

got these 3 different bucks coming in alot, a few does and a couple different spikes.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Looks good dodgeman

Comment

Going out today to put out corn and I guess one of those berry blocks lol

Comment

Yes boys, record rack blocks, you can get an extra week out of the berry scented crunch block, it's the same just compressed tighter and is harder...and there 2 dollars off at tractor supply right now...I'm hunting on private land right by u guys....the does are hitting the corn and record rack blocks heavy right now...

Comment

Last season the rut was crazy the end of October first week of November out here..fyi

Comment

Record rack blocks, the soft 30 pound ones will last u about 3 to 4 days out on the lake...

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
                                Yes boys, record rack blocks, you can get an extra week out of the berry scented crunch block, it's the same just compressed tighter and is harder...and there 2 dollars off at tractor supply right now...I'm hunting on private land right by u guys....the does are hitting the corn and record rack blocks heavy right now...

What location do they have those blocks on sale? In gtown they only have one kind and not on sale. $9.99

Comment

Working...
                                X