No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea i was in a place all alone for 2 hrs on cedar breaks road.

Comment

I went back to my spot Sunday to finish filling my feeder and brushing in my blind, Noone else around.

I may be one of the lucky ones

Comment

Do they go out and look at each spot before we get approved?

Comment

Originally posted by Jkj1986 View Post
          Do they go out and look at each spot before we get approved?
          Only if it is close on the distances

Comment

I got my email for small game yesterday and went in today to pick it up. Asked Stacy and Scott about approvals and both said they have not yet looked at them and she is the only one who can access the mapping system to spot the coordinates. She was working on printing out 180 plus emails when I left at 10:30.

I am in 15b on the south side. Mark the flag and sent the coordinates at 10:43. Only saw one other group in the unit and they were from Beaumont and setting up on the north side of the spillway in 15b. My entire set was up and I was out by 1pm. Hopefully they stick to the spirit of the rules and not the letter...I am close on the distance to the road but I am in a draw so thick my longest shot is between 15-20 at best.
            Last edited by Alton Stuart; 08-24-2015, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Just got the approval on my stand....38 days 12 hours 25 minutes to go..

Comment

Im good to go just got my email too.

Comment

I got qualified today and went and got my permit. Going to be looking around for a spot on Saturday and Sunday. Hopefully most everyone that go permits last Saturday will be set up or have flags out so if I find a spot I like and see nothing of anybody or their stuff I may be good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
                    I got qualified today and went and got my permit. Going to be looking around for a spot on Saturday and Sunday. Hopefully most everyone that go permits last Saturday will be set up or have flags out so if I find a spot I like and see nothing of anybody or their stuff I may be good to go.
                    Not sure where you are looking but based on the number of trucks Saturday everything on cedar breaks rd and db woods is gunna be pretty full.

Comment

Got my approval email. Make sure you guys check your junk mail as well. That's where I found mine.

Comment

Approved!

Got approved. Now to put out a little Deer Cane

Comment

Well I got notice to move. No one was around where I went, so I guess I got beat by someone just emailing it in after they got their permit.

There were only 3 tucks in front of me on Lost River.

Oh well. Guess I'll be waiting on everyone to get approve in order to find where I can go set up.

Comment

Approved!

Comment

Going to Archery Country tomorrow during lunch to get my test in.

Comment

Got approved also. Guess whoevers flag is near my stuff will have to move. I know there was no one there from 11am to 1245pm saturday only me. Went to fill feeder and seen 5 more flags. Looks like people crossed fence and just tied to whatever they could find. All within 100yds of my feeder

Comment

Working...
                                X