No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to archery country last friday. Feeder repaired. Now to wait until the meeting.

Comment

Passed now just waiting for meeting day.

Comment

2 weeks...im ready to get a camera up and see whats going on.

Comment

What are the qualifications to be able to hunt out there? Excuse me if it has been posted and I missed it.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
            What are the qualifications to be able to hunt out there? Excuse me if it has been posted and I missed it.

It's in the email if you got drawn if not your too late July 3rd was cutoff.

Comment

So my weekend is shot so im gunna brave the heat and head out tonight after work to do some more walking

Comment

Mark your calendars everyone!! Get your paperwork in line, go shoot at Double-G to qualify, and for heavens sake....Don't hit the elk mount at Double-G during your qualification. Ha! See yall next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Maui-diver View Post
                  Mark your calendars everyone!! Get your paperwork in line, go shoot at Double-G to qualify, and for heavens sake....Don't hit the elk mount at Double-G during your qualification. Ha! See yall next week.
                  Cant wait!

Ready to get my spot set up!

Comment

Originally posted by stringstalker84 View Post
                    There is always standby at the orientation. ...thats how i got in last year.
                    How long did they give you to take test and turn in?

Did the still let you set up a spot that same day or did they make you wait till you had all your stuff turned in?

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
                      How long did they give you to take test and turn in?

Did the still let you set up a spot that same day or did they make you wait till you had all your stuff turned in?
                      If i remember right we had 10 days.

You do still have to wait to get your permit to set up.

Comment

Is anyone using orange marking/caution tape while scouting? Went out today to check out my spot from last season that I plan on hunting again this yr and found someone had marked a path with tape to that same spot.

Comment

Is anyone using orange marking/caution tape while scouting? Went out today to check out my spot from last season that I plan on hunting again this yr and found someone had marked a path with tape to that same spot.
                          Sounds like you're going to need to make a mad dash to your spot after you grab that permit!

Comment

In the past I had put orange tape but someone a few years back ignored my orange tape and put up a tree stand 60 yards from my blind.

I had to move my blind and fully loaded feeder after that.

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
                              In the past I had put orange tape but someone a few years back ignored my orange tape and put up a tree stand 60 yards from my blind.

I had to move my blind and fully loaded feeder after that.
                              Guessing they sent in their GPS first?

Comment

Originally posted by stringstalker84 View Post
                                Sounds like you're going to need to make a mad dash to your spot after you grab that permit!
                                Yeah as always its a mad dash but maybe Ill make it there first.

Comment

Working...
                                X